Yaby Concealer Review (Buff)

 Yaby's Connceals are said to be "creamy, easy to apply, and highly pigmented to correct any imperfections on the face and body, creamy and gentle for around the eyes." This waterproof, vegan friendly concealer is available in sixteen flesh toned shades and eight corrective tones. I'm reviewing the shade Buff. I received a sample of this concealer in my May Ipsy Bag. A full sized pan of this concealer contains 3.5 grams and sells for a very reasonable $4.85. Yaby products can be bought through the brand's website and through a handful of retailers that cater to professional makeup artists. Yaby products are not tested on animals. Though this brand is based in Canada, their products are made in England.

 Yaby's product are sold in pan form. Liz Yu, one of the creators of Yaby Cosmetics, is very concerned about the waste created by cosmetic packaging. Just like their eyeshadows, Yaby's concealers come in heavy duty metal pans designed to be sturdy and not easily warped." Both the pan and the plastic clam shell this concealer arrives in are recyclable, but Yaby encourages you to reuse them for mixing purposes before you toss them though. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the back of the pan. Yaby's pans fit into the brand's 40 well palette, or into any magnetized palette.
 I was a little bit grumpy about receiving this concealer in my Ipsy bag, mainly because there's no way a subscription service could choose my correct shade. I've been on the fence about Yaby's concealer since the day I got it and even now, I'm still pretty neutral about. The texture of Yaby's Concealer is somewhere between creamy and waxy, though it leans more towards creamy thankfully. This concealer is best applied with fingers in my experience. Yaby's Concealer can be used on blemishes, dark circles, and discoloration - it works well enough to cover all three issues, but concealing acne scars and discoloration seems to be this product's forte. I avoid using Yaby's Concealer on my under eye area, because while it concealers well, I find it too heavy and it tends to crease and settle. I'd rate the coverage of this concealer at a solid medium. This concealer holds up well throughout the day and doesn't need to be set with powder.

As expected, Ipsy did mis-match my shade, but not as badly as I expected. Buff is a light, strongly yellow toned shade with a pinch of peachiness to it. That combination of under tones makes it ideal for concealing dark circles - its a shame the formula doesn't agree with my under eyes. Buff can work on my skin tone if I really blend it carefully, but the heavy yellow tone throws it off. I'd say Buff is about a shade or two too dark for me, on top of being too warm.
Yaby's Concealer is alright, nothing I'd choose for myself, and not a product I'll continue to use. The texture of this concealer is fairly creamy, not too hard to work with, but I find that its too thick to sit naturally on the under eye area. Yaby's Concealer offers a good amount of coverage. Buff isn't a great match for me, it'd be better suited on someone with a little warmer skin. I don't necessarily think Yaby's Concealer is a bad product, it just isn't for me. 



Ingredients:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Shea Butter, Cyclomethicone, Silica, Candelilla Wax, Ozokerite, Carnauba Wax, Sorbitan Oleate, Propylparaben

May Contain: 

Iron Oxides, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.


This post contains an affiliated link or referral code. 

1 comment

  1. This concealer sounds great, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete