Starlooks Tickle Me Pink Lip Pencil Review




 Starlooks is a brand I've heard a fair bit about lately, but I've never used anything from them before. Actually, all I really know is that the brand has a monthly subscription service called the Star Box. Starlooks says their "long lasting, full coverage Lip Pencil enhances the shape of your lips and give them perfect contour and definition with high end quality you've never experienced. This creamy, moisturizing formula glides on softly to smooth lips and ensure lipsticks stays in place while extending its wear. Can also be used as an all over, highly pigmented lip color." Starlooks offers 22 shades, I'll be reviewing Tickle Me Pink. Each Starlooks Lip Pencil contains 2.4 g and retails for $12. I received this lip liner in my June Ipsy Bag. Starlooks is a cruelty free brand. Their products are made in Canada and China.

 Starlooks Lip Pencil is a traditional wood pencil with a black coating. The Starlooks logo and shade name are printed on the pencil in silver lettering. A small plastic nub sits at the bottom of the pencil accurately indicating it's shade. Starlooks Lip Pencil is topped by a pointy black cap that fits quite loosely. This lip pencil is easily sharpened. The wood is on the splintery side, but I don't mind, considering this is used on the lips not eyes.
 I've never really been a fan of lip liners, I own very few of them, but if more lip liners were like Starlooks', I'd be a lip liner addict. The texture and pigmentation are both amazing! This pencil glides on so smoothly. It feels like a lipstick in pencil form. While I do feel like Starlooks Lip Pencil prolongs the wear of any lipstick applied over it, I prefer to wear it alone. This stuff really stays put, I get about three hours of wear from Starlooks' Tickle Me Pink Lip Pencil, and that's not counting the residual stain that lasts a few mores hours. The Starlooks Lip Pencil is a little bit drying, but it can be fixed with some gloss or balm on top.
 Tickle Me Pink is a medium, matte, rosy pink shade. This lip liner is bold but not overly bright. This pencil is pigmented to say the least, it goes on fully opaque. Even the stain it leaves behind is quite noticeable. I feel like there isn't a lot to say about this shade. It isn't rare nor is it particularly exciting, but its useful and flattering on many skin tones. I find myself reaching for Tickle Me Pink quite often.
I love Starlooks' Tickle Me Pink Lip Pencil. The texture is amazing, it glides right on to the lips and it stays there! The pigmentation is fabulous. Tickle Me Pink is a pretty rosy shade that will match many a lipstick. I've been converted from a lip liner hater to a cautiously optimistic lip liner lover. Will I repurchase Starlooks' Lip Pencil? Probably not, I'd like to try lip liners from other brands now. That being said, if you want to try a fantastic lip liner, Starlooks' is totally worth checking out





Ingredients:
rincinus communis (castor) seed oil, rhus succedanea fruit wax, ozokerite, theobroma cacao, bees wax (cera alba), ethylhexyl palmitate, squalane, copernica (carnauba) wax, isopropyl myristate, candelilla cera, jojoba oil, 4-hydroxybenzoic acid, BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)

May contain:
 mica, titanium dioxide (C177891), iron oxide (C177489, C177491, C177492, C177499), carbon black, ferric ammonium, ferrocyanide, manganese violet (C177742), red 7 lake (C115850), ultramarine (C177007), red 22 lake (C145380), red 34 lake (C15880), red 40 lake (C1 16035), green 6 (C1 61565)

this post contains affiliated links or referral codes. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...