Lush Lip Service Lip Balm Review

 Lush's Lip Service is one of the brand's classic products, they've been selling it for over a decade. Lush says this balm is "hugely popular because it not only softens lips, but heels, toes, cuticles, and elbows too! Lip Service has a magical mixture of moisturizing olive oil, cocoa and shea butters, plus tangerine oil to tone. This balm makes light work of softening up dry lips, especially in the winter. One of our first ever formulas, Lip Service has stood the test of time and remains one of our most popular balms." Lip Service is a vegetarian friendly lip balm. A .3 oz (8g) tin of Lip Service retails for $7.25. My tin of balm was sent to me as a gift from my darling friend Rae. This balm was made in England. Lush is a cruelty free brand. Lush products can be bought through the brand's website, and at Lush stores and kiosks worldwide.

 Lip Service comes in a small, round, metal tin. A black label is affixed to the lid, featuring the product name, a quick description, and the Lush logo. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tin. The lid screws on and off quite easily. The tin is recyclable. I've never owned a lip balm in a tin before, I've avoided them because they seemed less convenient and less sanitary, but truth be told I don't actually mind all that much now. Lip Service has broadened my horizons, at least in the case of lip balm packaging.
 Initially, I hated Lip Service. I was aware that it'd be solid and needed the warmth of my fingers to melt. However, this balm was much harder than I expected, it felt waxy and drying on the lips and seemed to leave them in worse condition. I guess there was a waxy top layer that needed to be worked through, because after about a week of use Lip Service suddenly became amazing. It was creamier, easier to apply, and more moisturizing. Lush's lip balm feels like butter on the lips, and upon second though, I guess that's really what it is, the base of this balm is a mixture of shea and cocoa butters. This balm is colorless, but it leaves a glossy finish that lasts about 20 minutes. After that, Lip Service sinks in completely, leaving my lips soft, smooth, and hydrated for a good portion of the day. I apply Lip Service two or three times a day and my lips are in almost perfect condition. This Lush lip balm has a light tangerine scent and flavor. As promised, Lip Service serves more than just the lips. I apply this balm to my nails and cuticles before work to moisturize, soften, and protect. Lip Service has really improved the condition of my cuticles (though they're still out of control), and keeps my nails from getting brittle. Because Lip Service is made of natural oils and butters, its prone to melting, especially in warm weather. Here in Pittsburgh, its been quite hot and humid lately, so my tin of Lip Service has nearly liquified, the cocoa butter forming tiny spheres suspended in the rest of the emulsion. Melting has not affected how this lip balm performs.
I really like Lush's Lip Service Lip Balm, though it took some time to grow on me. This butter based balm hasn't quite taken over the spot of #1 Lip Balm, that's still Julep's Strawberry Mint Balm, but this is a close second. If you're on the market for a natural and effective vegetarian lip balm, look no further than Lush. While I feel like Lip Service is a bit pricey for a balm, I think its worth it. The ingredients are good quality and effective. If you're planning on buying Lip Service, keep in mind that it is solid and may be hard and waxy at first. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase Lip Service, but I'll certainly continue to use and love it - I'm already half way done with it! If you love lip balms, give Lush's Lip Service a shot! 

Ingredients:
Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tangerine Oil, Flavor, Limonene, Linalool

2 comments

  1. I hope you don't give me lip service ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this but I love a good multipurpose product.

    ReplyDelete