Lush Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb Review

 Lush's Ickle Baby Bot is a cute, robot shaped bath bomb, apparently marketed towards children. Lush says "if you're looking to rewire your little one's energy panel so you can both get some sleep, draw them a warm bath instead of warming up milk. A modern, 21st century innovation. Ickle Baby Bot has been designed to mesmerize the senses with ray guns of lavender, chamomile, and sandalwood. These sleep inducing essential oils are nature's cure for insomnia and calming restless babies. One soak with our relaxing bath bomb and they'll be happily dreaming of sheep (and little Bo Peep!) in no time. Having trouble computing yourself? You wouldn't be the first to sneak in a bot bath." Ickle Baby Bot is one of Lush's smallest and cheapest bath bombs, it weighs just 2.1 oz and retails for $3.95.  I always say that bath bombs are a silly and frivolous thing to spend money on, and I still feel that way. This bath bomb was a gift from my dear friend Rae. Like many of Lush's products, Ickle Baby Bot is vegan friendly. This bath bomb was made in the UK. Lush product are cruelty free and can be bought through the brand's website or at Lush shops and kiosks worldwide.

 Ickle Baby Bot is a small blue robot. Some feature are carved into him, though they're pretty indistinct. I actually find his happy little face a little bit unnerving. This bath bomb has a very soft and crumbly texture. Ickle Baby Bot has a very short life, it fizzles away in under a minute, but it makes that minute memorable by whizzing around the tube at high speeds. This Lush Bath Ballistic's results are a little lack luster. Ickle Baby Bot barely tints the water light blue, which is disappointing because ith as the potential to be super pretty. This bath bomb doesn't seem to impart any beneficial ingredients into the bath water. No color or residue was left behind.
 Ickle Baby Bot is very lightly scented and the scent stays close to the surface of the water. I suppose, since Ickle Baby Bot is targeted at children, that its meant to be faintly fragranced. This bath bomb has a soft herbal lavender scent that's mean to be soothing, relaxing, and sleep inducing. I don't really believe in aromatherapy much, but I gotta say after a crazy day at work, a bath with Ickle Baby Bot has me feeling less...aggressive? It got me out of manager mode I guess. To me, Ickle Baby Bot smells like straight up lavender, and I swear I'm the only chick on the planet that doesn't love lavender - the smell of it makes me a little nauseous. That being said, Ickle Baby Bot didn't make me feel ill, overall I was pretty neutral about the scent.
Lush's Ickle Baby Bot was ok. The concept is cute, but in reality I think it looks a little creepy. This bath bomb is very small and short lived, you really don't get much bang -or fizz- for your buck. The scent is light and herbal with a bit of a floral edge. I wish Ickle Baby Bot tinted the water more, it'd be pretty. I can't vouch for whether or not this bath bomb will put your kid to sleep, but one of my favorite YouTubers, Chicachew, swears by it for her kids. Do kids really need bath bombs to relax? Does anyone? I'll close this review the way I do for all luxury bath products, by saying that they're nice as a rare treat or to receive as a gift (thanks Rae), but not something I feel the need to spend my own money on. If you want a long lasting, fragrant, and exciting bath bomb, don't even consider Ickle Baby Bot; but if you're sensitive to strong scents and are looking for a relaxing soak, this may be a good choice for you.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Propylene Glycol , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Green No. 3

1 comment