Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics Review

 Goody's brand new Ouchless Ribbon Elastics "offer you a unique hair tie to personalize your ponytail. As beautiful as ribbons but soft and stretchy too, these hair ties are "knot" your average elastics. New Ribbon Elastics are both comfortable and fashionable, plus look great on your hair or on your wrist." I received a five pack of these hair accessories courtesy of Influenster for review purposes. A five pack of these hair ties will retail for between $4.99-5.99. I'm not sure if these are out on the market yet, but if not they will be quite soon. Goody products are available at major retailers and drugstores. I'm a long time fan of Goody products, they're my go to brand for hair elastics. These elastics are made in Thailand.

 The Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics come attacked to a blue cardboard backing. The elastics come in five colors; black, grey, silver, purple, and fuchsia. Each elastic is round and knotted at one end. I'm unsure of what material these are made of, if it's legit elastic or some sort of fabric blend. Goody's Ribbon Elastics are taut at first, but they stretch easily and double in size. I'd like to see an expanded range of colors, but that's my only suggestion for improvement. I'd be all on these if I could buy a pack of five black ones.
 I've used Goody's Ouchless Latex Elastics for several years now, they're one of the only hair ties that doesn't snap or slip out of my thick but fine hair. I had my doubts about Goody's Ouchless Ribbon Elastics. How could some stretchy ribbon stay in my silky hair? Well, I don't know how, but they do. I've been wearing Goody's Ribbon Elastics non-stop since receiving them in my Sunkissed Vox Box about a week and a half ago. Never once have they slipped out of place. They stay put while I'm at work, asleep, they even stay in wet hair. Though they have stretched considerably, my Ribbon Elastics are no where near wearing out, fraying, or snapping. While Goody's newest style of hair tie works really well for me, I'm not sure how well they would work for those with very fine or thin hair. By the way, when you're ready to let your hair down, these elastics slip right out, they really are as "ouchless" as Goody promises.
I actually really love Goody's Ouchless Ribbon Elastic, way more than I expected to. I've been wanting to try the Twist Band for a while now, so I'm happy to see that they have a drugstore alternative. I've been converted from little gum bands to the Ribbon Elastics, I don't see why I'll ever need any other hair tie. If you have thick or coarse hair, these are made for you. If your hair is thinner, you may want to avoid them. As I said earlier in the post, I'd like to see a wider color palette for the Ribbon Elastics. The $5-6 price point is reasonable in my opinion, considering Goody products are frequently put on special. I'll definitely purchase more of these Ribbon Elastics. I've even shared one with one of my mother's co-workers (I hope I spread the love). A big thanks to Influenster for introducing me to this awesome product! 



Message me on Tumblr to request an Influenster Invite*
This product was sent to me by Influenster for review purposes. I am not compensated for a positive review. All opinions in this post are my own.

*i need your email address for this.

11 comments

  1. they are out yet, I got some a few days ago at Walmart.

    I think they are the goodies version of those ribbons hyped in Hollywood for a while, Twistband and others, which are just super expensive, but yet the same thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know they're out. Do you like your's?

      Delete
  2. I was really impressed with these too! At first I thought the ribbon hair tie thing was a gimmick, but after trying them I love how they keep my hair together without feeling uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great if you want a hair band that doesn't leave creases at the end of the day! Even if they do they are way less noticeable than regular hair elastics! I don't have these specific ribbon elastics but I have similar ones and they are practically all I use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i definitely love this style of elastic as well. that's great that they work so well for you too

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had 0 ouches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put them in the washing machine and they will go back to original size! Just like athletic clothes xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip, i'll try that. =D

      Delete