Benefit Dandelion Ultra Plush Gloss Review




 Benefit's Box-o-Powders are such a hit that the brand released corresponding lip glosses last year. Benefit says that their Ultra Plush Glosses "glide on extra smooth and feel ahhhmazingly silky and luxurious. The six irresistible shades, from sultry nudes to punchy pinks, come in a soft squeeze tube with a custom tip designed  for perfectly even application. They're the perfect partner for out bestselling Box-o-Powders!" I've had my eye on these glosses ever since they launched, so I was happy to receive the Dandelion Ultra Plush Gloss along with the matching Box-o-Powder has a gift with purchase from Ulta. The full size of this gloss contains 15ml (.5 fl oz)and retails for $16. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at Benefit counters and boutiques, Sephora, and Ulta. Benefit does not test on animals, though they do not consider themselves cruelty free. This lip gloss was made in France.

 Packaging for each of the Ultra Plush Glosses matches that of the coordinating Box-o-Powder. The Dandelion Ultra Plush Gloss comes in a translucent pink squeeze tube topped with a silver plastic cap. The shade name is printed vertically on the tube in white lettering. A fluffy pink dandelion also graces the front of the tube. Benefit makes a big fuss about this gloss' slant tip applicator, but really its no different from any other slant tip, except maybe a little shorter than usual. The packaging for this whole range of glosses is really cute, as to be expected. The packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
 The texture of Benefit's Ultra Plush Gloss took me by surprised. With a name like that you'd kinda expect a thick gloss, no? This lip gloss applies in a very thin coating with a slippy feel. Benefit's Ultra Plush Gloss feels like a thin balm, or a watered down NYX Butter Gloss. This formula seems to be quite moisturizing, my lips always feel awesome after wearing it. Several factors come together to sabotage the Ultra Plush Gloss' wear time. This light, moisturizing, slick gloss just can't stay put, I don't think I've ever been able to keep it on for longer than a half an hour. Much like Juice Beauty's Reflecting Gloss, Benefit's Ultra Plush Glosses seem to sink into the lips as opposed to wearing away. These glosses have a pleasant, generic fruity flavor that I enjoy.
 The main complaint I've heard about Benefit's Ultra Plush Glosses is that they really lack pigmentation. The rest of this paragraph is just going to echo that. The Dandelion lip gloss is just like the powder, its stupidly sheer. In the tube and in a heavy swatch, Dandelion is the "soft pearly pink" that Benefit promises. This gloss has a warm peachy undertone and strong flecks of small gold shimmer. On the lips it appears to be a clear gloss with a champagne sheen, which is pretty, but not what you'd expect from an initial swatch. Though the color payoff is poor, I really like the super shiny, glossy finish that this gloss offers.
Benefit's Dandelion Ultra Plush Gloss let me down, though it shouldn't have because I've never seen a positive review on them. The packaging is lovely. The texture of this gloss is shockingly thin, leading to very short wear time. In the tube, the color of Dandelion is gorgeous, warm, light pink, but it sheers down to almost nothing. Benefit is my favorite high end brand, they rarely disappoint me, but no brand is perfect. This is the first lip product I've tried from the brand and now I'm hesitant to try more. I'm glad I got my Dandelion gloss for free, I likely would've returned it otherwise. I will not be purchasing more Benefit Ultra Plush Glosses in the future, nor do I recommend them.


Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum (Fragrance), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Trihydroxystearin, BHT, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate

May Contain:
CI 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet)


Leave a Comment

  1. I was seriously considering purchasing this gloss and the Dallas gloss! oh well.. might as well save money and try out the Anastasia glosses instead. Those were second on my lippie wishlist :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could save you a few bucks.

      Delete
  2. It's a shame these didn't work out well. I always thought it was so cute how they matched the box powders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I love the promo images for this line. So disappointed in the product though.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Such a great color!

    I'm following your blog now! Hope you can follow back!

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...