Bath&BodyWorks Pure Paradise Body Lotion Review

 Pure Paradise is one of Bath&BodyWorks Summer 2013 Limited Edition cents. Bath&BodyWorks describes this scent as a "summer chic blend of sparkling star fruit and ocean kissed frangipani blossoms - its pure paradise in a bottle." I kinda just picked this scent up at random. I got a travel sized 3 fl oz (88ml) bottle of the Pure Paradise Body Lotion for free with a couple. The full size contains 8 fl oz and sells for $11; the travel size has a value of $5. Pure Paradise is available in 8 different products, ranging from shower gel and lotion to scrubs and self tanner. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, all of their products are made in America.


Pure Paradise comes in the same hourglass shaped, recyclable bottle topped with a blue pop up cap. Pure Paradise's label artwork is pretty. A palm leaf and large red flowers sit against a reflective lotion background. The scent name is printed in blue letters. The back label offers a full ingredient list. 
 Pure Paradise is "an island fantasy inspired by white sand beaches, endless blue skies, and clear turquoise waters as far as the eye can see. This alluring fragrance is a sparkling blend of fresh star fruit, frangipani, and water lily drenched in sun kissed coconut and white musk."

Top Notes: Fresh Star Fruit, Juicy Guava, Dewy Cassis
Mid Notes: Luscious Gardenia, Frangipani, Watery Lily
Dry Notes: White Musk, Blonde Woods, Sun Kissed Coconut

Not gonna lie, I don't know what any of those things smell like. I'm not very familiar with tropical fruits, unfortunately and florals are kinda a scented blur to me. I lied, again, I've just learned that frangipani is plumeria. I love how Pure Paradise smells. This scent is super fruity and very summery. Pure Paradise strikes me as fairly non-specific, it just smells like sweetened tropical fruits with a soft plumeria background. Words can't describe my love for plumeria. If I really had to put my finger on the fruit notes, I'd say its like a banana/kiwi hybrid. Is that what starfruit is like?  I really like this scent, but its not particularly nuanced in how it wears on the skin. Pure Paradise lasts on the skin for an hour or two, if longevity is a big concern, try layering the lotion with other Pure Paradise products.
Bath&BodyWorks calls their Body Lotions an "exclusive hydrating formula containing skin loving shea butter to deliver long lasting moisture for the perfect everyday lotion and the softest way to fragrance." Pretty sure fragrance isn't a very. Anyway, I'm a fan of these lotions. They're lightweight, quick to absorb, and adequately moisturizing without being greasy. Bath&BodyWorks lotions are second only to Avon's Naturals lotions in my book. 
I like Bath&BodyWorks Pure Paradise Body Lotion. This stuff smells like summer in a bottle, or maybe a bowl of exotic fruits. As much as I like Pure Paradise, I think the scent is a little mundane. Tropical fruits in a summer scent? You don't say! I won't repurchase the Pure Paradise body lotion, but I'd consider getting a travel size body spray. If you like fruit florals or plumeria scents, you'll love Bath&BodyWorks Pure Paradise as much as I do, or more!

2 comments

  1. I love the art on the sticker. It is so pretty and tropical! Th scent is also nice and exotic

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete