Yaby So Vein Eyeshadow Review




 Yaby says their "highly pigmented eyeshadows are easy to work with. The smooth texture allows blending with ease. Use dry or wet to achieve anything from a veil of color to a dramatic statement. Color stays true in video and photography." Yaby offers a total of 80 eyeshadows. Each shadow is 3 grams, or double the size of a MAC Shadow for reference. These eyeshadows are a great deal, they cost only $3.15 each. Yaby eyeshadows are vegan friendly. I received two sample sized Yaby eyeshadows in my March Ipsy Bag, one of the two was So Vein, a beautiful teal. Yaby products can be purchased through the brand's website, as well as a handful of retailers that cater to professional makeup artists. Yaby does not test on animals. Yaby is a Canadian based brand, but their products are made in England.

 Yaby's eyeshadows are sold in pan form. Yaby cosmetics are designed with efficiency and the environment in mind.  Liz Yu, the makeup artist that developed Yaby, is very concerned about waste created by empty cosmetic packaging, as well as disorganized kits of professional makeup artists. The brand sells pre-set palettes with pan form products to refill them all. Each Yaby eyeshadow is housed in a "heavy duty metal pan designed to be sturdy and not easily warped." These pans are magnetized and will fit into Z Palettes or Yaby's 40 Well palette. These pans arrive in a plastic clam shell container, Liz Yu suggests using these clam shells for mixing purposes.
[look how tiny the sample is!]
 Yaby's eyeshadows didn't impress me at first, I swatched the two I received and thought they sucked, so I pushed them to the back of my eyeshadow drawer and forgot about them. I pulled out So Vein earlier this week to test, and I fulled expected to be writing a very negative review right now. Turns out, So Vein is the kind of eyeshadow that swatches poorly but performs pretty well. So Vein can be a little difficult to pick up on the brush. Its best to pat this shadow on as opposed to sweeping it on. So Vein products little to no fallout. Like many matte eyeshadows, So Vein can be a little resistant to blending, but you can get your desired look if you work with it enough. So Vein wears pretty well, I haven't experienced any creasing and only a bit of fading. This eyeshadow lasts a little too well, it tends to stain my eyelids an unattractive green. Yaby's So Vein also works nicely as an eyeliner when used wet.
 Yaby's So Vein Eyeshadow is beautiful. A pure teal, slightly more blue than green. The color you see in the pan is exactly how it'll turn up on the eye. Color payoff is good, but a primer will take that good color payoff to great. So Vein has a velvety matte finish, which isn't the finish I'd expect from a vivid teal, which makes So Vein all the more interesting.
I actually really like Yaby's So Vein eyeshadow. Isn't it always great to find a surprisingly awesome product? Yaby is a brand I was only vaguely aware of before, but now I'll definitely pay this brand a little more attention. Yaby's So Vein eyeshadow is a beautiful, rich, matte teal. Though it suffers from the same application products may matte shadows so, the overall quality is very good. The value of these eyeshadows is the best part. I definitely recommend checking out Yaby's eyeshadows! 



Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT.

May Contain:
Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Oxide Greens, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.


this post contains an affiliated link/referral code. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I love this!
    I should review my two Yaby eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same shadows and honestly haven't really used them! But that looks lovely on you, I think I'll have to try them out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably the tiniest eyeshadow pan that I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...