Urban Decay Glitter Rock Moondust Eyeshadow Review




 Urban Decay's new Moondust Eyeshadows are "dazzelingly sparkly but with a super refined, incredibly sophisticated feel (and not a single speck of chunky glitter). Microfine bits of iridescent sparkle collide with intense, dreamy hues and lush 3D metallics for an effect that's out of this world. New technology gives Moondust an amazing effect not found in traditional pressed powder shadows. It feels like a cream but goes on like a powder to create a smooth, brilliantly reflective look. The result? Sexy, twinkling sparkle with a ton of depth and movement. (And a lot of questions about what you're wearing!)." Urban Decay offers seven shades of Moondust shadows, I have Glitter Rock. Six of the seven shades are vegan (Intergalactic is the only exception). Each Moondust eyeshadow contains 1.5g (.05 oz) and retails for $20. I received my Moondust Eyeshadow as a bonus in my May Ipsy Bag. Urban Decay products can be bought through the brand's website, at Urban Decay counters, Sephora, and Ulta. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, but it was recently purchased by L'Oreal, a company that continues to test on animals. Urban Decay Moon Dust Eyeshadows are made in Canada.

 Urban Decay's eyeshadows come in a round, silver, plastic pot meant to resemble New York City subway tokens. Urban Decay redesigned their eyeshadow packaging about a year ago. The overall look of the packaging hasn't changed that much, but now the pan can be easily popped out and placed into palettes. The packaging is well designed and fairly compact, making Urban Decay eyeshadows easy to store whether you de-pot them or not.
 I've seen so many mixed reviews for Urban Decay's Moondust shadows, so I couldn't wait to put Glitter Rock to the test. Before anything else, I just want to know how Urban Decay can say this shadow feels like a cream? It's a very hard eyeshadow! Urban Decay recommends applying this eyeshadow with your fingers or perhaps a sponge tip applicator. Personally, I've been packing and patting this shadow on with a dense eyeshadow brush. The Moondust Eyeshadows can be used wet or dry. Glitter Rock doesn't have a lot of impact when used dry, but it does cause a heck of a lot of stubborn fallout. I only use this eyeshadow wet, and the results are fantastic. Though there's still some fallout, it's greatly reduced when I use Glitter Rock wet (I use Hard Candy's Show Girl's Secret). Applied damp, this shadow is opaque, metallic, and so dimensional. I've worn Glitter Rock for 12 hours on a hot day and it was still perfect when I removed it. This eyeshadow is quite hard to remove, even with a great eye makeup remover like Maybelline's Clean Express.
[bare skin, over primer, over a colored base, wet]
 Urban Decay's Glitter Rock Moondust Eyeshadow is very pretty. If I'm going to be honest, I was really disappointed to receive this shade, I was hoping for Zodiac, Diamond Dog, or Stargazer. Urban Decay describes Glitter Rock as a "metallic pink with 3D pink sparkle". To me, this shade is a mauvey pink with brighter pink glitters. The dimension of this shade is really mind blowing, yet also surprisingly subtle. It never looks like I'm wearing an eyeful of glitter.
There's really something special about Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadows. They're really spectacular in both formula and finish. If you apply these shadows wet, the pigmentation, application, and wear will not let you down. The shade Glitter Rock will appeal to anyone who loves pinks and glitter, and its a surprisingly wearable shade. I still would've preferred a different shade. That being said, I'll be wearing Glitter Rock much more often than I expected. Urban Decay's Moondusts are totally worth the $20 price tag. I'm so glad I received this shadow!

Subscribe to Ipsy to receive awesome products like Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadows


Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Talc, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Isododecane, Silica, Triisostearyl Citrate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tin Oxide. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)].

this post contains an affiliated link.

Leave a Comment

  1. I remember how excited you were to get this =o

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I definitely want to try one of these out. :)
    Have a nice weekend!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so pretty! i love it its such a gorgeous colour too
    great post!1


    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...