Too Faced Shadow Insurance Review




 Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of the most popular eye primers out there, second only to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Too Faced describes this primer as "Your full coverage insurance policy against all fading, creasing, and smudging. Our skin soothing formula evens out skin tone and smooths fine lines to create a perfect canvas for shadows. Color is intensified and locked down until you take it off." This eyeshadow primer is paraben free. I got a little 5g (.17 oz) tube of Shadow Insurance in the Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings set, which I bought at Ulta for $19. The full size of this primer contains 11g (.35 oz)  and retails for $20. Too Faced products can be purchased through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta. This company does not test on animals. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is made in the USA.

 My sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance comes in packaging nearly identical to the full size. A sky blue squeeze tube topped off with a cap that never wants to stay on. The front of the tube features the Too Faced logo and the product name. The back of the tube offers some miscellaneous information. This squeeze tube has a needle nose dispenser, which is very convenient as it prevents contamination and wasted product. I especially like the color of the tube. Too Faced Shadow Insurance's packaging is recyclable.
 Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a flesh toned primer with a creamy consistency. Too Faced says you only need a "rain drop" sized amount for each eyelid, which is pretty abstract, but you do only need a little bit. This primer blends out with ease and sets quickly. I don't feel like Shadow Insurance makes application or blending any easier, and it barely intensifies color payoff, but this primer is excellent for preventing creasing and fading. I've never had a single eyeshadow crease on me when worn over Too Faced's primer, even in hot sweaty conditions. Truly impressive. I'd just like to note that this eye primer can separate a little if you don't use it often, so mash your tube a little before each use.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance is excellent for preventing creasing and fading. I can totally understand all the hype around this primer. Actually, I'll even feed into that hype and say that this is my current favorite eye primer. If you're looking for a primer that improves application and boosts the intensity of your colors, keep looking. But, if you just want a primer to keep your shadow in place no matter what, Shadow Insurance is worth the investment. I likely won't purchase a full size of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I'm loaded with eye primer samples, but I do recommend it if it meets your needs. This is a great primer, well worth it's $20 price tag. 



Ingredients:
Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Mica

May Contain:
Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Leave a Comment

  1. The toob is bunny coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this one yet. I need to! I haven't yet found my favorite eye primer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...