Marc Jacobs Lola Eau de Parfum Review




Marc Jacobs' Lola Eau de Parfum is described as a "warm floral bouquet that coveys the spirit of today's sexy, modern girl - she is playful, cool, and flirtatious. I received a little sample of this designer fragrance in a swap with my friend Stephanie. The Lola Eau de Parfum is available in four sizes; a .24 fl oz Rollerball ($22), a 1 fl oz spray ($48), a 1.7 fl oz spray ($68), and a 3.4 fl oz spray ($88). Marc Jacobs fragrances can be bought through the brand's website, at fine department stores, Ulta, and Sephora. Marc Jacobs fragrances are made by Coty Prestige, a subsidiary of Coty Inc, a company with an unclear animal testing policy. This Eau de Parfum was made in France. 

 My sample of Marc Jacobs Lola came in a black cardboard folder. The scent name and a stylized representation of the perfume bottle's cap grace the front of the folder. Inside, images of the full size bottle and a description of the scent can be found. The little sample vial features the scent name and a spritzer cap. The full sized packaging is described as having an "exquisite multi layered cap, a bursting bouquet with bright, modern colors that pop against a matte black background and rope inspired gold metallic neck. The silhouette is inspired by Marc's fashion collection." The purple bottle has a very elegant design, overall.
 Lola is described as a "long lasting day to night scent, opens with pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby red grapefruit. Blooming midnotes of rose, fuchsia peony, and geranium make a feminine statement. Layers of vanilla, warm tonka bean, and creamy musk create a sensuous dry down." That's really specific description for a scent that smells like one thing - my Aunt Laura. No but for real, this scent smells a little ~mature~ to me. I can't really pick out any particular aspects of this fragrance, the notes mesh together a little too well. Marc Jacobs' Lola comes together to form a pretty common floral scent with just a touch of musk. If I really had to go out of my way to pick out some notes, I guess I'd call Lola a rose and geranium blend. I don't think I've ever smelled such an ordinary, non-specific high end/designer fragrance. How disappointing.
Marc Jacobs Lola Eau de Parfum isn't what I expected. After sampling and subsequently falling in love with Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh, I had really high expectations for Lola. This fragrance is such a standard floral, could you get any more dull? I'e never been one for florals, but I can at least appreciate an interesting or intricate floral. Also, I swear this is the scent my aunt wears. I don't think I'll be finishing my sample of this eau de parfum, and I certainly won't purchase a full size. I don't recommend Marc Jacobs Lola, its a boring scent with a high price tag. Try Daisy Eau so Fresh instead.  


Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat, Fragrance, Water, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Linalool, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnimate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonen, Hexyl Cinnimal, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Benzophenone 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzolmethane, Coumarin, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol, Cinnimal, BHT, Farnesol 


Leave a Comment

  1. Maybe it's so bad because they can't spell perfume.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...