Lush Angels on Bare Skin Review





 Lush says it only takes a smidgen of their Angels on Bare Skin to get "heavenly soft and balanced skin. The kaolin clay base deep cleanses while ground almonds gently exfoliates the dead skin away, Rose and lavender are added to sooth and help balance out combination skin." Angels on Bare Skin is a worldwide best seller. This was actually the first ever Lush product I tried, it was used on me in a demo in my very first trip to the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. I never forgot the way this cleanser made my skin feel, so I requested a sample at my last Lush visit. An 8.4 oz container of Angels on Bare Skin retails for $28.95, but I believe you can choose how much you want in store. Angels on Bare Skin is vegan friendly and preservative free. Lush is a cruelty free brand. My chunk of this solid cleanser was made in Canada.

 I'm not really sure how Angels on Bare Skin is meant to be packaged. I've seen it in the traditional Lush black tub, in a clear tub, or wrapped in paper. My sample came in a paper and scotch tape catastrophe, thrown together by a Lush associate that was clearly blazed out of her mind and feeling very creative. I do know that Angels on Bare Skin is a big chunk of clay based cleanser with some seeds in it. Lush employees cut pieces off to order, so you can get any size you request if you buy in store.
 The texture of Angels on Bare Skin is very interesting, unlike any other skincare product I've ever encountered. This cleanser is a very crumbly paste that gets even more fragile once its wet. I use only a small chunk of Angels on Bare Skin by rubbing it over damp skin. This cleanser gently exfoliates the skin while the clay base absorbs excess oils. The little seeds don't seem to do much of anything except get stuck in my sink's drain. I only use Angels on Bare Skin in the morning, since it doesn't seem to remove makeup very well. It can be a little difficult to rinse this cleanser off, so take your time. The results are fabulous, Angels on Bare Skin leaves the skin exceptionally soft and smooth. This cleanser is very balancing, it pulls just the right amount of oil off the skin without stripping i. Angels on Bare Skin is really excellent for my normal to combination skin that's been slightly oilier lately. What I find really impressive about this Lush cleanser is that it seems to be helping even out my skin tone. My only complaint about Angels on Bare Skin is the scent, which is really herbal and lavender based. I hate lavender. Luckily the scent doesn't linger, and even if it did, the awesome results would allow me to look past it.
I love Angels on Bare Skin, its really an amazing exfoliating cleanser that softens and balances my skin. I think I may actually prefer Angels on Bare Skin over my beloved Ocean Salt scrub. I'm going to look into purchasing Angels on Bare Skin on my next trip to Lush, if it isn't too expensive. I definitely encourage all of my readers to try Angels on Bare Skin, it'll suit all skin tones, just avoid it if you have a nut allergy or sensitivity. 


Ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Kaolin , Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida) , *Limonene , *Linalool

Leave a Comment

  1. looks interesting, I am always up to trying new face products. So you just rub that ball on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I reviewed it, too a while ago and I hated hated hated it. ^^ Maybe the American Formula is different, mine was a pain in the ass to use, it crumbled and was just a mess each use, I was cursing the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like cookie dough n.n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i doubt it tastes that way though =(

      Delete
  4. I freaking adore that cleanser. I have severely dry skin, except for my nose, which is an oil slick, and I got it on a recommendation from the lush employee who also has dry skin, along with a moisturizer and toner, and my skin has never been better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...