L'Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream Review




 L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream is a "potent daily moisturizer that boosts skin's natural powders of regeneration so it regains the quality of young skin - skin that looks rested, smoother, and youthfully luminous. Signs of stress, fatigue, and aging are visibly diminished. This unique, luxurious, formula leaves a light, velvety smooth finish. Apply in the morning to illuminate skin tone. Apply in the evening for overnight recovery." If you recall, I put up quite a fuss about this face cream? Why? The value is so bad! The entire Youth Code line is pretty pricey for drugstore skincare, but the Day/Night Cream is ridiculous. This moisturizer contains just .5 oz (14g) and retails for a whopping $25. I received this product from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. This moisturizer does not contain any SPF. Sadly, L'Oreal continues to test on animals. This product was made in the USA.

 L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream comes in a heavy plastic jar with a black screw on lid. A label wraps around the jar. The front of the label features the L'Oreal logo and product name. The back offers directions and miscellaneous information. This jar doesn't seem to be recyclable. I'm not that into moisturizers in jars. They're not very hygienic and they often contain less product.
 The texture of L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream is great! It's thick and balmy, yet it smooths right onto the skin and sinks in pretty fast. The Youth Code Day/Night Cream leaves skin ever so slightly greasy. I would never use this cream as a day time moisturizer, but I think it's good enough for night time use. This cream is pretty moisturizing and feels kinda soothing on the skin. I occasionally get rough patches on my forehead from the hat I have to wear to work, and L'Oreals cream really helps soften them. The texture and results I get from this creamy remind me of Benefit's Total Moisture Cream, which I really enjoyed. As for anti-aging, I haven't noticed any significant changes. That being said, most skincare experts say that new skincare products aren't effective until you've been using them for 4-6 weeks, and I've only been using this moisturizer for two. I've blown through the Youth Code Day/Night Cream, after only two weeks of judicious nightly applications, this jar is just about empty. L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream has a fairly strong but neutral scent that lingers on the skin for a couple minutes.
L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream is decent, but by no means is it worth $25, especially if the jar can barely last two weeks. This cream has a fantastic texture for a night cream, I really love face creams that feel like this. I haven't noticed any soft of anti-aging results and I doubt I would until I went through several jars of this stuff. Honestly, if you want a rich, balmy, and effective moisturizer, skip L'Oreals Youth Code Day/Night Cream and go for Benefit's Total Moisture Cream. Yes, it's $15 more, but you also get more than 3x the product. I would recommend this cream, but the awful value makes L'Oreal's Youth Code Day/Night Cream a definite skip in my book. 


Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER * GLYCERIN * ISOHEXADECANE * CYCLOHEXASILOXANE * DIMETHICONE * ALCOHOL DENAT * DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL * SYNTHEICWAX * PEG-10 DIMETHICONE * DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER * DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER * CAFFEINE * SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER * SODIUM HYDROXIDE * BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE * ADENOSINE * ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE * NYLON-12 * LIMONENE * DISODIUM EDTA * PROPYLENE CARBONATE * HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID * CAPRYLIC/CAPRICTRIGLYCERIDE * DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE * ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN * POLYSILICONE-8 * TOCOPHERYL * METHYLPARABEN * PHENOXYETHANOL * PARFUM/FRAGRANCE * SODIUM BENZOATE *


\
I received this product from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...