Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum Review

 Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum is "clinically proven to prevent free radical skin cell damage up to 87%, this lightweight serum feeds your skin with vitamins and antioxidants from certified organic juices, moisturizes with fatty acid packed plant oils and smooth fine lines with peptides, alpha lipoic acid, and CoQ10. The perfect daily vitamin to use after cleansing and before moisturizer. A daily essential for all skin types." I got a tiny 5ml (.17 oz) tube of Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum in the Organics to Go Kit, which I purchased at Ulta for $29. The full size of this serum contains 60ml (2 fl oz) and retails for $45. This, and all Juice Beauty products, contains a lot of organic, natural, and beneficial ingredients with a minimal amount of questionable chemicals. All Juice Beauty products are suitable for vegetarians, the brand is transitioning into veganism. Juice Beauty products are made in America. Juice Beauty products can be bought through the brand's website, Ulta, select salons and spas, and Whole Foods Grocery Stores.

 My little sample of Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum comes in a recyclable white squeeze tube. The Juice Beauty logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube, directions can be found on the back. The full size of the serum comes in a glass bottle with a dropper dispenser. The full size is poorly packaged, some of the active ingredients are sensitive to light and will break down in clear glass packaging. Ideally, Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum should be packaged in an opaque bottle.
 This serum is not my friend. Thick, slimy, and a milky yellow in color - it looks gross. Might I add that it smells gross as well? This serum has an icky musty scent to it. When I first apply Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum, everything seems fine, but as it sinks in my skin becomes a little bit tight and itchy. This serum hasn't benefited my skin at all, but I have noticed a handful of negative effects. Increased blackheads, dry, flaky, rough skin on my forehead, and three cystic pimples - a problem I've never experienced before. I'm still trying to smooth out these issues. I don't know what it is about this serum - if it's an allergy to an ingredient or what, but it really messed up my skin, so I'm discontinuing use right away. Its weird that Juice Beauty's serum made my skin react this way, all the other Juice Beauty products I've tried have agreed with my skin and seemed quite gentle.
I haven't loved all of the Juice Beauty products I've tried, in fact I've felt pretty neutral about most of them. The Antioxidant Serum was absolutely awful for me. Cystic acne, dry patches, and itching; I really cannot take this product. The musty scent leads me to believe that my sample may have gone off. I'll be tossing out the remainder of the tube. I definitely do not recommend Juice Beauty's Antioxidant Serum, I had an awful experience with it.



Ingredients:
Organic juices of vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, citrus aurantium dulcis (organic orange juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe juice)*, vegetable glycerin, gluconolactone, sodium benzoate, sclerotium gum, xanthan gum, organic essential fatty acids of oenothera biennis (organic evening primrose oil)*, linum usitatissimum (organic linseed oil)*, borago officinalis (organic borage seed oil)*, amyris balsamifera (organic rosewood oil)*, vitis vinifera (grape seed oil), dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, hesperidin methyl chalcone (Vitamin P), steareth-20, organic algae extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), ubiquinone (CoQ10), thioctic acid (alpha lipoic acid), dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), sodium hyaluronate (vegetable hyaluronic acid), sodium hydroxide, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, litsea cubeba (organic may chang) pure essential oil

this post contains an affiliated link.

5 comments

  1. *applies healing salve* ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Blemish Clearing kit.
    Not impressed.
    It cleared my acne, BUT I also used other products.
    The serum in mine is also slimy and the moisturizer is
    kind of like that too.
    Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a review on Juice Beauty Clear Skin Kit and I pretty much had the same reaction as you did. I was very disappointed and probably will not buy from the line again.
    Juice Beauty Clear Skin Kit Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only Juice product I actually liked was the misting spray that we received in the ipsy bag that I use after tanning. That's about it. The product line as a whole is a big disappointment for me.

    ReplyDelete