Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30 Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen Review




 Hawaiian Tropic's Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen is available in three level of broad spectrum (UVA&UVB) protection; SPF 15,30,&50. Hawaiian Tropic claims their Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen will "indulge and protect your skin. Rich, luxurious formula infused with an exotic blend of flora and fruit extracts to provide skin with optimal coverage. Our unique SunSure formula delivers proven UVA and UVB protection, so your skin is soft and looks radiant." I purchased an 8 fl oz (236ml) bottle of this sunscreen at Ulta for $8, it included a dollar off coupon. This sun protection product is endorsed by the Skin Cancer Foundation for daily use. Hawaiian Tropic claims to not test on animals, but I've seen some contradictory information, so please do your own research before purchasing their products. This sunscreen is made in the USA,

 I've always thought that Hawaiian Tropic had nice packaging, and the Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen is no exception. This sunscreen comes in a recyclable beige bottle. The brand logo, product name, SPF level, and two orange orchids adorn the front of the bottle. The back of the bottle offers a description, directions, and ingredients which are split into active and inactive categories. The bottom of the bottle has a small brown flip cap. The flip cap and spout tend to get gummed up with product.
 Hawaiian Tropic's Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen is a white cream, only slightly thinner in consistency than most traditional sunscreens. This sunscreen smooths onto the skin nicely, but it takes about a minute to sink in and it leaves a white cast to the skin. This lotion/sunscreen hybrid is pretty moisturizing and softening, plus it's non-greasy (the formula is oil free). If you aren't a fan of the traditional sunscreen scent, Hawaiian Tropic products are a great option, they have a sweet coconut scent that lingers on the skin. I've used the Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen on both my face and body with no adverse reactions.
 K, so let's talk sun protection. My main form of sun protection is staying indoors, on the internet. Its my natural habitat. When I do wander outside, I don't usually wear SPF, its a rarity for me. I reserve it for trips to Kennywood or a pool, or long outdoor adventures in Sydney. (I don't really bother here at home, there is no sun in Pittsburgh). I've worn Hawaiian Tropic's Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen a handful of times with good results, not even a hint of sunburn, with one exception. I went to Kennywood last week and spent about nine hours there, went on some waters rides and whatnot. Even on a super hot and sunny day like that one I didn't get sunburn til the end of the way, and it wasn't too bad, just on my shoulders.  Hawaiian Tropic claims that this sunscreen is waterproof for up to 80 minutes in water. I can't verify that as I haven't spent that long in water yet this summer.
Hawaiian Tropic's SPF 30 Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen is nice! The texture is good, and it really does hydrate the skin nicely. The SPF seems to protect my pale, very easily burned skin well. The only sunburn I've gotten while wearing this sunscreen was my fault for not reapplying. The Sheer Touch Sunscreen is good for use even on the face, though that may not be true if you have sensitive skin. I don't know if I'd repurchase the Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen, I slightly prefer the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen. Either way I'll be buying the SPF 50 version next time, as I doubt Sydney's spring will be kind to my fair skin. 



Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (5%), Oxybenzone (3%), Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Benzoate, Butyloctyl Salicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10, Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), PEG-8 Dimethicone, Swodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Caprice Papaya (Paypaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Plumeria Acutifolia (Plumeria) Flower Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnate (Passionflower) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Phenethyl Benzoate, Polymethlsilsesquioxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco-Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Paraffin Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance


Leave a Comment

  1. I used this when I took a trip to hawaii (har har) isn't the scent amazing? That's the one thing I remember about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...