Benefit Watt's Up? Review




Benefit's Watt's Up? is a "soft focus highlighter that turns on watt ya got with a delicate champagne glow that's gorgeous. With a cream to powder finish, it's a switch on 'wow' for all complexions. You'll adore the smooth application and luminous sheen." Watt's Up? is one of the few Benefit highlighters I hadn't tried, so I was thrilled to receive a mini version of it in my Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift. The full size of Watt's Up? contains 9.4g (.33 oz) of product and retails for $30. Benefit does not test on animals. This product was made in Italy. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, Ulta, and Sephora.

My mini Watt's Up? comes in a purple metallic tube similar to a lipstick's packaging. The product name is written on the cap in darker purple cursive. Several light bulbs encircle the cap. The full size of Watt's Up? comes in a similar styled packaging, but it features a sponge tip on one end to assist with blending. Full or sample sized, Benefit's Watt's Up? has cute packaging. My only fear is that I'll accidentally snap the product out of the tube.
I've tried just about all of Benefit's highlighters, most of which are liquid. I don't think I've ever tried a stick highlighter before Watt's Up?, but me and Benefit's products have a good track record, so I expected it to be awesome. Watt's Up? is pretty creamy and glides right on to the skin. Blending is a little bit of a chore, Watt's Up? is kinda stubborn and really needs to be patted into the skin. Once Watt's Up? is sufficiently blended in, it looks pretty great. This isn't a subtle illuminator, Watt's Up? is a very warm champagne shade, so it gives that candlelit effect. Watt's Up? is moderately shimmery, not exactly glittery, but it has a lot of dimension to it. I think most skin tones can pull off Watt's Up?, though I think it has the potential to be too warm for those with the pinkest undertones. I think this champagne hue would look lovely on very olive toned skins. This highlighter lasts for about 5-6 hours on me.
Benefit's Watt's Up? isn't my favorite highlighter from Benefit, but its still a good product. Packaging is as cute as anything you'd expect from Benefit. I find this highlighter a little difficult, but otherwise I have no complaints. The strong champagne tone may be too much for some, really its a matter of personal preference. I wouldn't purchase a full size of Benefit's Watt's Up?, but I will continue to use my little version. Swatch Watt's Up? next time you're browsing Benefit's offers, it may be worth your while.



Ingredients:
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYETHYLENE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), SOYBEAN GLYCERIDES, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYROSPERMIUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) UNSAPONIFIABLES, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (77499), LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, CITRIC ACID.

Leave a Comment

  1. I have this too and I really like it. It gives off a very nice shimmer and I even use it under my brow bone sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of this highlighter! I usually go for champagne colors for highlighters. My b-day is in a few months, so I can't wait to try it then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it but i think there is better it works amazing on darker skin tones amazingly!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. But there's barely any wattage in this product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review - really helpful!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty highlighter but definitely wouldn't sway me from thebalm one I currently use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...