Soap&Glory Supercat Carbon Black Eyeliner Pen Review

 Soap&Glory's Supercat is a "Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner", is a seemingly popular liquid pen style eyeliner from this beloved British bath&body brand. Soap&Glory says that this pen liner "features unique Inkjet color release and Gloss-Fix finish to give rich and intense colour. The foolproof marker tip creates two looks - fine point for a natural look or thick edge to add a dramatic flash! Uses long lasting, long wear pigments plus a high percentage of carbon black for intense colour release". I'm not sure how much of that actually made sense. My dear friend Rae spent me this eyeliner as a Christmas gift. Supercat contains .5 oz of product and retails for £6 (about $9.50 USD). Soap&Glory products can be bought at drugstores throughout the UK, Germany, and Canada. A limited selection of marked up Soap&Glory products can also be found at Sephora here in the States, but unfortunately Supercat is not one of the available products. Soap&Glory does not test on animals. The Supercat eyeliner was made in Italy.

 Soap&Glory is known for their cute and girly packaging, and Supercat's packaging is no exception. This eyeliner comes in a pink and gold cardboard box. The box features the product name, Soap&Glory logo, application tips, and the ingredient list. The eyeliner it's self comes in a black plastic pen. The cap of this pen snaps on very firmly, which is great, it helps product the felt tip from drying out, but I also find it very difficult to open. The pen features Supercat written on it in dynamic pink lettering. Pulling off the cap reveals an elongated felt tip applicator. The felt tip is extremely saturated with product, so there's no skipping involved. Supercat's tip is wide, but tapers to a very fine tip.
I kinda struggle with applying Supercat; sometimes it glides right on and I get the perfect cat eye flick at the end and other times I just can't get it right. The tip of Supercat is difficult for me to correctly angle on my smaller eyes, but that's user error, not Soap&Glory's fault.  For me, I find it easier to paint some of Supercat onto an angled eyeliner brush and apply it from there. I think Soap&Glory's Supercat eyeliner's packaging is cute and the felt tip is nicely designed, just not suited to my eye shape.
Soap&Glory's Supercat is great. Most liquid eyeliners work out pretty well for me, so I can't say whether or not Supercat is extraordinary, but it certainly is good, to say the least. Supercat is a very pigmented, deep black. This liner doesn't seep into fine lines, nor does it smudge or smear, it stays exactly where you put it all day long even in hot, humid conditions. Supercat will smear a little bit if you rub your eyes, which you shouldn't do anyway, so it won't be a problem right? Despite Supercat's longevity I find this eyeliner really easy to remove. I have two qualms with Supercat, neither of them are major, but they are worth mentioning. The first issue is that while Supercap applies as a very dark black, it fades somewhat throughout the day. It doesn't turn grey or anything, just a less intense black. The other problem? Supercat is stinky! It smells chemically and unpleasant, but not enough to ruin the product for me.
I really enjoy Soap&Glory's Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen! The packaging is attractive, though the felt tip isn't ideal for my eye shape. The price of Supercat is very fair in my opinion. The quality of Soap&Glory's eyeliner is very good! The wear time is great, though there is some fading. This has been my new go-to eyeliner, I've been using it every day lately. I can definitely see myself finishing this liner, and I think I may need to request another from Rae in our next swap. 


Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth-11, Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylaparben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, CI 77266 (Black2)

4 comments

  1. I really like this eyeliner! However I feel the collection one is just as good and it's a bit cheaper!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind! I'd like to try some Collection products one day. =D

      Delete
  2. I love Soap and Glory makeup! Especially their gloss sticks!! They smell amazing and are really nice too! Just followed your blog on gfc and bloglovin, found you on the Monday beauties blog hop! Would be awesome if you could check out my blog and maybe give it a follow? :-)

    Www.chrissylilly.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete