Revlon Tutti Fruitti Colorburst Lip Butter Review

 Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters are probably the most popular lipstick release of the last few years. Everyone has one, or has at least read numerous reviews. I've previously reviewed Cherry Tart and Candy Apple, this review is for Tutti Frutti, the long coral/orange shade out of the twenty color range. Revlon claims that these sheer, moisturizing lipsticks contain beneficial ingredients like coconut, mango, and shea butters. Revlon says that the "gel formula provides supercharged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth."  The Lip Butter formula is supposedly so moisturizing that 94% of women say "softer, smoother, instantly hydrated lips." I bought my Tutti Frutti Lip Butter at Ulta for around $6. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters contain 2.5g (.09 oz) of product. This lipstick was made in the USA. Revlon does not test on animals.


I'll try to contain myself and not absolutely gush about how much I like the packaging for these lipsticks. Each Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter comes in a silver twist up tube with the Revlon logo printed on the black base. The translucent plastic caps are color coordinated to each shade. Two sides of the cap have a quilted, textured design embossed into them, the other two sides are smooth. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. I really like the Lip Butter packaging, its cute, colorful, and the quilted design is a nice detail. 
Revlon's Tutti Frutti Lip Butter has a slightly sticky texture to it and a thicker feel on the lips than the other two Lip Butters I have. Tutti Frutti goes on a little uneven, no matter what condition my lips are in, there's always a patch or two that this lipstick sticks to manages to find and cling to. Unlike the previous two Lip Butters which I found extremely drying, Tutti Frutti is quite comfortable to wear, and dare I say it, moisturizing! Tutti Frutti wears for about two hours, which is decent for a sheer, hydrating lip color. The entire Colorburst Lip Butter line is void of scents and flavors, which is a good thing, but at the same time its a little bit of a let down. I mean, can you imagine how good they would be if the flavor matched the names?
Most my readers will know that I'm mad for orange lipsticks, they're my absolute favorite. Tutti Fruitti is pretty much a straight up orange in the tube, but pulls more of a pinky coral on my lips. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't show up super orange, but the resulting color is still really pretty. Tutti Frutti is sheer, but can be built up to nearly opaque with a second coat. I really like the finish of this Lip Butter, its the perfect balance between a satin and glossy finish. I thought that Tutti Frutti would be very similar to Maybelline's Color Whisper in Orange Attitude, but comparatively Tutti Fruitti is more orange and more pigmented. 
Surprisingly, I really like Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. Packaging and pricing are both spot on. The feel of this lipstick is a little thick, and it doesn't apply perfectly, but it isn't anything that a gloss can't fix. I really like the buildable nature of this lipstick. The color is a lovely orange, but its kinda corrupted by my naturally pink, pigmented lips. Out of the three Lip Butters I've tried, Tutti Frutti is before the best, it didn't even wreck my lips at all! If you're going to buy another Revlon Lip Butter, I suggest choosing Tutti Frutti! 



Ingredients:
Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Polyethelyne,Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG 10/1, Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4, Isosterate, Bees Wax, Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Coconut Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl, PPG-20, Crosspolymer, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isosterate, Parfum, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1-2 Hexanediol


May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Carmine, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, 

4 comments

  1. It doesn't look like butter ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one as well its such a gorgeous colour perfect for this season and right on trend!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Colour

    http://reemz-petitebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete