Renaissance Henna Pakeezah Amla Hair Oil Review

 I'm a devoted user of hair oils, so a few months ago when a UK hair care company called Renaissance Henna contained me and offered me a few products to try, I jumped at the opportunity. I received a trio of hair oils to try, it included Pressed Stinky Neem; the previously reviewed Pakeezah Bhringraj Oil; and the subject of this review, Pakeezah Amla oil. Renaissance says that Amla oil is derived from the amla fruit (aka the Indian Gooseberry), which is "said to be the richest natural source of Vitamin C". Renaissance also claims that Amla Oil is "reputed to stop hair loss, to halt grey hair in it's tracks, and to strengthen, condition, and rejuvenate the dullest, lifeless hair." A 100 ml (3.4fl oz ) bottle of Amla  Oil sells for £6.40 ($10 USD). The trio I received sells for £15 ($23). Renaissance Henna products are only available through the brand's website. Renaissance Henna is a cruelty free brand, their products are made in the UK.

 Renaissance Henna's Pakeezah Amla Oil is thin and green in color. As with all of their oils, Renaissance suggests using their Amla oil for scalp massage or on the ends of the hair. I use it as more of a deep conditioner and detangling treatment, applying it throughout my hair, twisting it up, and letting it sit in for about ten minutes or so. I had big expectations for Renaissance's Pakeezah Amla oil, mainly because I was so impressed by their awesome Bhringraj oil. Before I go on, I want to preface my following comments and say that I don't need to use this product to combat hair/color loss, I was merely hoping to benefit from it's conditioning properties. Renaissance goes as far as to claim that this oil will give you "stunning India silk hair". Yeah, I don't feel like their Pakeezah Amla oil does that, or much of anything for my hair. This oil doesn't seem to soften or detangle my hair, the two main things I expect from all hair oils. Amla oil is difficult for me to rinse completely from my hair, so I often end up with limp, oily locks post-usage. Renaissance Henna's Pakeezah Amla Oil has a very spicy, pungent scent, it kinda reminds me of a Thai restaurant I ate one, or maybe it smells more like a hot mustard. Either way, it isn't a scent that I want in my hair, I actually really can't stand it (though I love spicy mustard), so I tend to leave it in for less time than I would for the much less potent Bhringraj oil. Perhaps that's why I feel it's significantly less effective. The icky scent permeates the hair, and it jut really turns me off of this oil.
I'm just not feeling Renaissance Henna's Pakeezah Amla Oil. The very strong, spicy scent was enough to put me off of this product. I also just don't feel as though it yields the same great results the Bhringraj oil does. Bhringraj oil enhances my henna hair color, detangles my knotty hair, and gives it a healthy shine. Amla oil just leaves me with stinky, greasy hair. I don't think I'm going to finish this product. Maybe this hair oil will work out for you if you do have hair or color loss issues, but I cannot attest to it's effectiveness. I think Renaissance Henna's Pakeezah Bhringraj Oil is a much better choice and I recommend it over the Pakeezah Amla oil. 

Ingredients:
organic sesame seed oil, amla extract, organic natural almond oil, shikakai extract


This product was sent to me for review. 

4 comments

  1. I wonder if it has other qualities of hot mustard, and if I should try to vaccuum it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't believe you decided a vacuum was the best option for cleaning a mustard spill. Your mother should have hit you.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of any of these products. But I'm gonna check em out now.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the recommendation, my favorite hair oil now is argan oil from pro naturals, it's great for hair.

    ReplyDelete