NYX Yellow Gold Ultra Pearl Mania Review




 NYX says its "hard not to sparkle with one of our ultra shimmering loose shadow powders that can be used on eyes, cheeks, even lips. These finely milled eyeshadows are high impact, long lasting, and a little addictive." So addictive that NYX offers a total of thirty shades. This review is for Yellow Gold, which NYX calls a "light gold". NYX' Ultra Pearl Manias are among the the most affordable pigments on the market, they only cost $3 for 5ml (.06 fl oz). I have no clue why NYX measures these pigments like they're liquids. I received this pigment in a swap with my friend Mariah, who received it in an Ipsy bag and wasn't wild about it. NYX products are cruelty free and made in China. NYX products can be bought through the brand's website, Ulta, and Target.


 I hate the packaging for these pigments. Its dreadful and a pain to use. The worst. These pigments come in tiny plastic jars with black twist on cap. The name of the product and NYX logo can be found on the front of the jar. A silver label was affixed to the back of the jar, but I peeled it off. The label was used to seal the jar and it became icky, sticky, and coated in pigment. The jar has a very narrow neck, its hard to find a little brush to dip in it. However, the narrow neck isn't all bad though, it prevents dreaded pigment spills.
 Like all pigments, NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Pigments have countless use, but the most common use is as an eyeshadow and that's how I've been reviewing this product. NYX's Yellow Gold Ultra Pearl Mania Pigment is very finely milled, the texture is wonderful. This pigment is almost fallout free, I rarely need to clean up application. Yellow Gold's pigmentation is just astounding, it doesn't even need a primer (but I use one anyway). Wear isn't quite as wonderful as I hoped, this pigment has a hard time bonding to the skin, so there's some creasing involved after a few hours. NYX's Yellow Gold Ultra Pearl Mania will also rub off if you touch it. Though the pigment may crease, the beautiful and intense color doesn't fade.
 Yellow Gold's name is spot on. This shade is a bright vivid gold with strong yellow tones. This shade is very shimmery, but not glittery, really it's more of a metallic finish. I love this shade, I love golds in generaly they go great with my dark brown eyes. I've been using NYX's Yellow Gold a lot lately, since its NHL playoff season and I gotta support the Penguins.
NYX's Yellow Gold Ultra Pearl Mania pigment is great! If you want a bright gold loose eyeshadow, go for this one! The pigmentation is amazing and it causes barely any fallout. Wear could be better, as could the packaging. I really wish NYX would repackage these pigments. I highly, highly recommend this product! I love it, and will use it pretty often. I hope to acquire more of these pigments in the future. 


Ingredients:
Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxides, 

this post contains an affiliated link. 

Leave a Comment

  1. Awesome review!! Found your blog through the Meet me on the bright side blog hop! New follower:)
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of both pigments and the colour gold on my lids, but the strong yellow of this particular one makes me a little nervous haha
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! i totally agree that the yellow is a bit off putting but it might look better over another colour?

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be a penguin makeup n.n

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I'll try these, but I hate the mess. The shade is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that always the problem with pigments? =(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...