Mirabella Prime for Face&Eye Review




 Mirabella's Prime For Face&Eyes is a "silky smooth clear formula primer that slides on the skin, creating the perfect base for any Mirabella foundation." Mirabella warns you to avoid using this product near the lash lines and to use this primer sparingly. I received a full size tube of this multi-use primer in my December Ipsy Bag. Mirabella's primer contains no parabens or dyes. This primer contains .45 fl oz (12.85) and retails for $29. Mirabella products can be bought through the brand's website and at salons throughout North America and Europe (a map can be found on the brand site). Mirabella products are not tested on animals. This product was made in the USA.

 Packaging for Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes looks pretty professional. This product comes in a red and white cardboard box. The box offers a product description, a full ingredient list, and application tips. The primer its self comes in a long, grey, squeeze tube. The texture features the product name and product name printed in dark grey lettering. Removing the tube's screw on cap reveals a needle nose dispenser.
 Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes is different from just about any primer I've tried. Its clear and seemed similar to Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer, but its not. This primer is very thin and dare I say it, greasy. Greasy was my first impression of this product, not just in it's feel but also in it's finish. Mirabella's primer makes me look oily and I hate the way it feels on my face. This primer feels so heavy and cloying, it makes my cheeks feel tight. I don't notice the same gross feeling on my eyelids. I feel as though Prime for Face&Eyes does the opposite of what a primer should. It causes eyeshadows to apply with less vibranct and to crease faster than they would without a base. As for my foundation? It causes it to transfer off of my face, a problem I've never encountered before using this primer. I've come to the conclusion that Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes is actually an anti-primer. On top of the previously mentioned problems, this product also causes me to get clogged pores on the sides of my nose. There is not a single thing I like about this product.
I've been incredibly displeased with Mirabella's Prime for Face&Eyes. This is a poor excuse for a primer, it doesn't prolong the wear of anything, it shortens it instead. The consistency of this product is oily and off putting, plus it feels uncomfortable on my face. If I have to say something nice about Mirabella's primer, it has sanitary, easy to use, and professional looking packaging. In short, I can sum up my feelings about this product in one word, and that word is "no". 

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Ethylene Brassylate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate.

Leave a Comment

  1. Saw your name on the Meet Me On The Bright Side blog hop and couldn't resist stopping by. Love honest reviews; new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? This is actually one of my favorite facial primers :( I'm sorry you didn't see good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just proves how different products can work for everyone I guess. :( I have other primers I love though, so it's all good. I'm glad it works well for you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...