ELF Daily Moisture Stick Review

 ELF's Daily Moisture Stick is "an easy to use clear gel formulation that nourishes and hydrates the skin. This light weight and soothing multi-purpose balm is enriched with anti-oxidants and anti-aging ingredients including grape, cocoa, shea, avocado, macadamia, aloe, and chamomile. The sleek, convenient packaging is perfect for travel and everyday use to condition and moisturizes skin both at home and on the go." surprisingly, this solid moisture does contain a fair amount of good ingredients and is fragrance free (but it still contains a good bit of yucky chemicals too, unfortunately). ELF's Daily Moisture Stick contains 15g (.53 oz) and retails for $6 (though I feel like I paid $3 for mine), making it one of ELF's pricier products. I purchased my Daily Moisture Stick at Target. ELF products can be bought through the brand's website, and at Target, Kmart, Big Lots, and select drug and dollar stores. ELF products are made in China and are not tested on animals.

 ELF's Daily Moisture Stick comes in a black cardboard box that offers a product description, directions, and a full ingredients list. The product its self comes in a black tube that's about 3 inches long. The front of the tube features the ELF logo, product name, and a list of beneficial ingredients. The cap snaps on firmly, but ELF is still concerned about their Daily Moisture Stick drying out, so they include a second smaller cap inside. The twist up mechanism for this tube is smooth and easy to operate. This product's packaging is recyclable.
 ELF's Daily Moisture Stick seems like a hybrid of a giant chapstick and a glue stick, hardly like something you'd smear over your entire face. This moisturizer is a solid gel that melts on contact with the skin. This stuff feels a little sticky at first, but it sinks into the skin almost immediately. Unless you have very oily skin, ELF's Daily Moisture Stick wont cut it as your only moisturizer. However, it does a great job at keeping skin feeling moist throughout the day if your moisturizer doesn't quite hold up. ELF's Daily Moisture Stick is great for smoothing over dry patches, and would likely make a good foundation primer for drier skin types. Applying this solid moisturizer feels pretty strange, I'm not used to rubbing gel sticks all over my face. There's a bit of a tug during application, so avoid the delicate eye area.
This product is also a really great lip balm.  ELF's Daily Moisture Stick serves more purposes than just providing moisture. As a pro-cook, I get a fair amount of cuts and burns. ELF's Daily Moisture Stick is great for soothing and protecting those little injuries. I'm thinking about buying another one of these to keep at work. The other use I've found for this gel stick is that its great for lubricating piercing holes. If you have any facial piercings you probably have one or two pieces of jewelry that are slightly too large or blunt to put in comfortably. A quick swipe of ELF's Daily Moisture Stick will help that stubborn piece of jewelry slide right in.
I like ELF's Daily Moisture Stick. It provides a nice level of moisture and is very travel friendly. You can bet that this moisturizer will be in my carry on for my next long-haul flight. I've found a few practical uses for this product on top of a facial moisturizer. I'll almost definitely buy one more of these for my work's first aid kit, which always seems to be void of topical burn soothers/aloe gel. The only downside I can see in ELF's Daily Moisture Stick is that it seems to get used up quickly if you apply it over your entire face. I don't think I'd repurchase this product for use on my face, but I want to keep it around for it's other handy uses (I have a really hard time putting my monroe retainer in, this is a great little helper). I do recommend picking up ELF's Daily Moisture Stick to see what it can do for you. 

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Menthol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol, Butyrospermum Parkll (Shea) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Chamaemelum Nobile (Chamomile) Extract, BHA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

5 comments

  1. I love the E.L.F. products that I own, but my favourite part of your review was when you described the product as a hybrid of chapstick and a glue stick haha Sounds really good though!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really what its like! It's such a strange concept, but its a great product! :3

      Delete
  2. I had one of these before my dog devoured it, and I liked it for giving my skin a "dewy" look over top of my makeup. I placed it on my cheekbones and it worked like a highlighter sans shimmer. I need another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great review! I saw this product on their site yesterday and was curious about it. I was wondering how it would feel to apply so I'm glad you mentioned that!

    ReplyDelete