Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase Lift&Sculpt Serum XK




 Dr. LeWinn is a subsidiary of the prestige skincare brand Kinerase. I believe this is a relatively new line of products, I began hearing about Dr. LeWinn products last summer while I was living in Australia and assumed it was an Australian brand (research tells me it is). A few months ago I received the Lift&Resculpt Serum XK from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. Dr. LeWinn calls their serum a "pure, high potency hyaluronic acid based treatment that targets volume deficient areas to contour, firm, and lift skins appearance. This silky, elegant formula blends kinetin and LOXL Acivator to create a concentrated complex of 46% more potent cosmeticuticals to maximize surface stimulation of skin's natural collagen and elastin production. Plus, Metabotics Reservatol, a power antioxidant derived from graps reinforces the skin's structure by strengthening the link between skin's surface and deeper layers". Dr. LeWinn also claims you'll notice:

  • More defined jawline and gentle curvature of the face
  • Removes harsh shadows by improving contours
  • Visibly reduces the number of wrinkls by 22%
  • Softens fine lines and deep wrinkles
These are some big claims, aren't they? Seeing as I'm barely 21, this isn't a product I felt like I needed, but I figured Id try it anyway, just to see what it would do for me. Dr. LeWinn's Lift&Resculpt Serum XK contains 1 fl oz (30 ml) and retails  for between $23-33, depending on where you buy it. Dr. LeWinn products can be bought at Walmart, Walgreens, Duane Reade, and drugstore.com in the US, and at Priceline in Australia. This serum is suited to all skin types. Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase's finished products are not tested on animals. I'm unsure of where this product was made. By the way, this product needs to be stored below 77F (25C) and is paraben free.

 Packaging for this, and all Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase products have a very scientific, professional, medicinal look to them.  This product came in a white cardboard box with plenty of product info. The front of the box features the product and brand name and a window into the box, giving you a peek at the product. The box also offers a full ingredient list, storage and application tips, product description, and company info and contact details. Packaging for the actual serum is very simple, it comes in a glass bottle topped by a black rubber dropper. A white label wraps around the bottle, offering the product name on the front and directions on the back.
 I've had some trouble with Dr. LeWinn's Lift&Resculpt Serum XK, some of them my fault, some of them not. My first incident with this serum was my fault, but still was upsetting. I kinda spilled about a quarter of it the first time I opened it..oops. The second problem is that this serum broke me out pretty badly, initially. After about two weeks of reduced  use my skin adjusted to this serum and the acne cleared up for the most part. Dr. LeWinn's serum is thin, only slightly more viscose than water and light green in color. You're directed to apply 2-4 drops after cleansing. I've been applying 3 drops each night. I pat this serum in and feel a gentle tingle that hints at the active ingredients are getting something done. I gotta be honest, after just about three months of daily use and nearly finishing the bottle, I don't really see any noticeable results. That being said I don't really have the type of skin that needs to be lifted or rescultped. All I can hope is that this serum improved my skin on a microscopic level, or fortified it against aging in the future. Because I feel a gentle but significant tingle and see a fair amount of legitimately beneficial ingredients, I feel like it could potentially be effective for those with aging skin. Dr. LeWinn's Lift&Resculpt Serum XK doesn't seem like a very strong serum, so it may be a good product for sensitive skin, but I'm cautious to recommend it because of my skin's reaction to it.
Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase's Lift&Resculpt Serum XK isn't a product suited for my needs. At my age I truly don't have the need to use an intensive serum like this one. I do think that this product could be very good for it's intended users though, the ingredient list seems promising. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Dr. LeWinn products and I don't think the prices are too bad considering its owned by Kinerase, a very pricey prestige brand. I wouldn't repurchase this serum, and I don't recommend it for young or acne prone skin, but I think this could be the right serum for you if you're starting to age a bit and want to combat the process. 


Ingredients:
Purified water, pichia/resveratrol ferment extract, glycerin, propylene glycol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castol oil, kinetin, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, tripeptide-10 citrulline, tripeptide-1, lecithin, peucedanum graveolens (dill) extract, malakite, sodium hyaluronate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed extract, biosaccharide gum-1, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, citrus sinensis (orange) oil, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, xanthan gum, carbomer, triethanolamine.


I received this product in exchange for promotion of a website. I would promote FreeBeautyEvents.com even without compensation. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I'm standing on one foot! Science! I said science again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...