Barry M Teal Nail Paint Review




 Barry M claims that they "cover the whole color spectrum with their award winning Nail Paints, which are a quick drying, long lasting base suitable for natural and acrylic nails". Barry M offers a multitude of colors and finishes. My only Barry M Nail Paint is Teal, which was sent to me as part of a gift from my friend Rae. Each Nail Paint contains 10ml (.35 fl oz) and retails for £2.99 ($4.55 USD). Barry M products are cruelty free and made in the UK. Barry M items are available for purchase at drugstores throughout the UK, as well as through the brand's website, which ships worldwide.

 Packaging for Barry M's Nail Paints is simple but nice. A rectangular glass bottle topped with a rubberized black plastic cap. The product name and Barry M logo are printed on the front of the bottle in gold lettering. The back of the bottle offers directions. The brush for Barry M's Nail Paints is nothing special, but functional. The brush is long, flexible, and slightly rounded with no splayed bristles.
 Barry M's Teal is kinda gorgeous, this shade is true to it's name, I don't think I've ever seen a more literal teal. Depending on the angle you view this polish from it may appear more blue or green, though I wouldn't say it has a duochromatic effect. Barry M's Teal Nail Paint has a rich, marbled look in the bottle, but it translates to more of a mirrored metallic finish that's surprisingly doesn't show streaks. If you can't tell, I kinda love this shade.
 I'm still on the fence about this polish's formula. Metallics can be problematic, and Barry M's Nail Paint in Teal is no exception. This lacquer seems to be on the thicker side, so it can get goopy if you aren't careful. Teal takes two coats to reach opacity. Dry time is decent, a little over a minute per coat, though it's still easy to smudge for quite a while afterwards. I haven't experienced very good wear from this polish, which isn't surprising, nothing likes to stay on my fingernails very long, but I don't typically experience wear problems on my toenails. Barry M's Teal Nail Paint chips and peels even on my toes. This polish removes easily and doesn't stain the nails.
[outta control cuticlez]
Barry M's Teal Nail Paint is good, but not awesome. The packaging and price point are both great. The shade Teal is lovely, and aptly named. I'm pretty disappointed by this polish's wear time, but that could just be my personal experience with it. I'm going to continue to wear this gorgeous green-blue polish throughout the summer. Though I wouldn't repurchase this polish, I do recommend it if it's available to you. 


Ingredients:
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ADIPIC ACID / NEOPENTYL GLYCOL / TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, STYRENE/ ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BENZOPHENONE-1, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, TRIMETHYLPENTANEDIYL DIBENZOATE, POLYVINYL BUTYRAL


May Contain:
MICA, CI77891, CI77742, CI77510, CI77499, CI77491, CI77266, CI77007, CI77000, CI74260, CI74160, CI47005, CI19140, CI15880, CI15850, CI11680, CI77820, TIN OXIDE

Leave a Comment

  1. It is really hit and miss finding a reliable polish brand. However, finding a great colour can be just as good because it might inspire you to work harder to get the shade to work for you! I've found that myself with one yellow polish I have in particular.
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...