Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil Review




 Organix calls their Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil an "exotic, precious formula of Moroccan Argan Oil spray that instantly infuses the hair with a sheer veil of shine, giving color and highlights a multifaceted glow while it mends split ends and tames fly away frizzies. This exotic, precious formula of Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Spray instantly heals split ends, creating soft, frizz free perfection while protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage, giving a smooth, glossy shine." Whoa there Organix, healing split ends? I don't think so. I'm a pretty big fan of hair oils, as most of yinz know, so I was very excited to try a dry oil. Unlike the Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment, the Weightless Healing Dry Oil actually contains a decent amount of Argan Oil, though not enough to really be considered "exotic and precious." I bought my 118ml (4 fl oz) bottle at Ulta for $6.99, which I think is a very fair price. Organix, ironically, is not an organic brand, but they are cruelty free. This hair oil was made in America. Organix products are available at drugstores and mass retailers around the world.

 Organix Moroccan Argan Weightless Healing Dry Oil comes in a clear, recyclable plastic bottle topped with a spritzer. I love that this oil is in spray form, its so much less messy and infinitely more convenient to use. Good thinkin' Organix. The front label features the product name, product description, and Organix logo. The back of the bottle offers the ingredients, as well as instructions in both English and French. Big fan of the packaging, I wish more hair oils were in spray form.
 I've tried Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil for my hair, and found it to be too much, and I don't find Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil to be enough. I just don't think Argan Oil and my hair get along. What I use the Weightless Healing Dry Oil for is to aid in brushing my hair. I spritz it three or so times on my brush, per section, to help my brush glide through my thick hair, spreading the oil evenly and kinda helping to detangle. Organix Weightless Healing Dry Oil gives my hair a healthy sheen without appearing greasy (unless I get it in my bangs, it makes them look pretty greasy and gross). As for the claims that this oil will heal split ends? Totes untrue, that isn't possible. I really hope that brands stop making that claim soon, I feel like its common knowledge that the only cure for split ends is a hair cut. It just makes any brand that claims their products are split end menders look silly, at least in my eyes. I want to mention the feel of this oil, it really is "dry" as the name would imply, giving it a very interesting texture. Just like the Organix Intense Moisturizing Treatment, the Weightless Healing Dry Oil has a sexy, musky scent that really lasts in the hair.
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil is nice for adding a healthy sheen and sexy scent to the hair, but don't expect any dramatic results. I wouldn't repurchase this product and only recommend it for those with dry, dull looking hair. If you're looking for a serious hair oil treatment, I'd steer you in the direction of pure Pequi or Bhringraj oils, or perhaps one of Organix' hair masks. I do love the spray form of this dry oil and I plan to keep the bottle after I finish it, to put other oils in. 

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Argan Oil, Parfum, Cocoa Seed Butter, Shea Butter, Red 17, Yellow 11

Leave a Comment

  1. Too bad, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *brushes it through my hair*

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, thnx for the recommendation, I love argan oil but I use the one from pro naturals which is really nice too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I personally prefer the moroccan argan oil from Pro Naturals, it's actually very repairing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...