Mica Beauty Gel Eyeliner Review

 Mica Beauty's Gel Eyeliner is "perfect for drawing attention to your eyes without smudging or fading".  Mica Beauty offers four stand out points about their Gel Eyeliner:
-Glides over the lid without pulling or tugging
- Built in application brush
- Lasts longer than regular eyeliners
- Quick dry, smudge proof liner
I really like it when brands are so concise about their claims and descriptions. I received a deluxe sample of this gel eyeliner in my February Ipsy Bag. The full size contains 5g (.18 oz) and retails for $35, which is pretty dang expensive. Mica Beauty offers 5 shades, I have the black one. Mica Beauty is a cruelty free brand. I'm unsure of where this product was made. Mica Beauty products can be bough through the brand's website, at Mica Beauty kiosks and a handful of salons and spas.

 Packaging for this gel liner sample is pretty simple, a glass jar with a black screw on cap. The brand is printed on the cap in silver lettering. The cap screws on very firmly, protecting the liner from drying out. The full size product comes with a brush attached to the cap.
 Can I just put something out there, real quick before I give a list of reasons as to why I have this opinion? Mica Beauty's Gel Eyeliner is awesome and hands down the best gel eyeliner I've tried. The texture of this gel liner is incredibly smooth and creamy, you barely need to touch your brush to the product and you have enough to create a thick or thin line. Application is easy (I use an angled liner brush), Mica Beauty's Gel Eyeliner glides on so effortlessly. The wear is just as phenomenal as the application. No smudges, fading, flakes, or smears for at least fifteen hours, even in hot, greasy, humid conditions! Pigmentation for this gel liner is perfect, it goes on entirely opaque in just one swipe. The black shade is very dark, a great basic black with a matte finish.
I just love everything about Mica Beauty's Gel Eyeliner. This is a flawless product. The texture is creamy, application is easy, and pigmentation is dark, rich, and intense. I really love this eyeliner, the quality is exquisite. If you're willing to spend on a great quality gel liner, Mica Beauty's is the one I would recommend. I would love to repurchase this liner, but $35 is prohibitively expensive. I could buy two MAC Fluidlines for that price, or like four or five different drugstore liners. Instead of repurchasing, I'll just embark on a quest to find a more affordable dupe - a challenge every beauty blogger loves. Til then, I'll keep using and enjoying Mica Beauty's Gel Eyeliner. 

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Ceresin, Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Sorbitan Stearate, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides(Ci 77499, Ci 77491, Ci 77492)

30% off all Mica Beauty orders with code IPSY30 at checkout. Code valid til 4/30/13

4 comments

  1. I love this gel liner also. I have tried many well-known brands, like Bobbi Brown, but I find this one far more appealing to me. So happy I got this in my Ipsy bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried a few other gel eyeliners, but this one is so far superior!

      Delete
  2. *swipes you several from a store*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their gel liner too~ and I am using the navy one and it looks gorgeous!

    http://thesnowflowerrr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete