Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner Review




Last month, when I finally took the plunge and bought my beloved Ocean Salt, the very eccentric sales associate offered me a sample of the Breath of Fresh Air toner, which she said was her favorite product to use in conjunction with Ocean Salt. Lush says that Breath of Fresh Air will "give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of ingredients inspired by the sea. Breath of Fresh Air is suitable for all skin types, but is particularly beneficial for faces that have been ravaged by the elements. A gentle spray refreshes you when you need it most and brings all the nutrients of the sea directly to the skin. Fresh sea water gently cleanses while carragen seaweed extract softens and provides essential vitamins and minerals. And all the while rose absolute an aloe vera are soothing dry areas". For the most part, the ingredients are natural. Breath of Fresh Air is available in two sizes; 3.3 fl oz ($9.95), and 8.4 fl oz ($21.95). Like I mentioned, I got a little free sample with a purchase. As we all know, Lush is a cruelty free brand that focuses on "fresh", organic, and natural products, a large majority of which cater to vegans. This toner was made in Canada. Lush products can be bought at Lush stores and kiosks, and through the brand's website. 

 The full size of Breath of Fresh Air comes in a black spray bottle. The standard Lush label wraps around the bottle, featuring the product name, a description, and ingredient list. I'm not a fan of spray on toners, I'd likely be spraying it onto a cotton round. The packaging for this toner is recyclable, but I don't think its eligible for Lush's in-store recyclable program.
 I'm a dedicated user of Olay's Oil Minimizing Toner, so I was feeling pretty neutral about Breath of Fresh Air. The first time I used this toner, it felt amazing! Slightly tingly, in a good way, and kinda firming. I thought it was love at first use. Sadly, the next several uses didn't really wow me. The pleasant tingle and toned feel seem to have been a one time deal. To me, the point of a toner is to pick up the last bits of cleanser and makeup that haven't been rinsed away, purifying the skin before you apply moisturizer. I just don't feel like this toner does that. The Lush sales associate also told me that you need to use less moisturizer when you use Breath of Fresh Air, a claim that also doesn't seem to hold up. What I do think Breath of Fresh Air is good for is absorbing excess oil without stripping the skin. This toner is quite gentle and is alcohol free, so it may be a good choice for those with sensitive skin. Breath of Fresh Air smells really similar to the BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask, which makes sense since they share seaweed, rose, rosemary, and aloe as common ingredients.
I'm not in love with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner. I feel like it isn't particularly effective at anything but removing oil. This is the most gentle toner I've ever sampled, it doesn't sting at all, so its excellent for those who can't handle alcoholic toners. I wouldn't repurchase this toner, but I did finish off my little sample. 


Ingredients:

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...