Island Sugar Sun Drenched Body Mist Review

Island Sugar specializes in "deliciously yummy scented body mists and body frosting! All products are blended with high quality ingredients, are alcohol and dye free, and made to order to ensure freshness. Because Island Sugar's products are alcohol free, you never have to worry about that strong alcohol smell masking the true, sweet scent as it does with most store-bought brands." Island Sugar is based on Etsy. I received two 4fl oz body mists in a swap with my friend Stephanie. Island Sugar offers a decently sized selection of super sweet scents; today's review is for Sun Drenched, which is described as "delightfully warm and fruity! A tantalizing base note medley of granny smith apple and honeydew melon, middle notes of strawberry and pear, with a hint of spice". Island Sugar body mists retail for $6. All Island Sugar products are hand made by the owner, Tia, who is based in Indiana. Island Sugar products seem to be only available through the brand's Etsy shop, which only accepts PayPal
.
 Island Sugar's Body Mist comes in a recyclable, cylindrical, purple bottle topped with a black pump top. The front of the bottle features a black label with the brand logo and an image of a palm tree against a tropical sky. Very cute. The back label offers the scent name, Etsy shop address, and an ingredient list.
 Island Sugar directs you to shake their body mists before spritzing it on. Like most indie body sprays, this product seems to have a slightly oily base, so you should spray this product directly on the skin as opposed to on your clothing. You only need one or two sprays of Sun Drenched, because this stuff is seriously potent! I didn't expect this scent to be anywhere near this strong, so I spritzed it on and was hit with a massive cloud of intense fragrance, and an equally overwhelming headache that lasted the rest of the day. The next time I was much more judicious, and used only two light sprays, which was much more tolerable while still giving me good scent coverage. Sun Drenched is a very long lasting scent, I can still smell it on myself up to 7 or 8 hours after application. What I find interesting about Sun Drenched is that it doesn't develop on the skin. This scent smells the same 5 minutes or 5 hours after application.
 Island Sugar's Sun Drenched smells like Starburst candies. This scent is sugary, fruity, and sweet; it teeters on the edge of obnoxious. I like it though! Sun Drenched smells like a mix of melon and artificial strawberry with a bit of an edge. The name Sun Drenched suits it, because it smells so summery. I'd be cautious to wear this scent outside in late summer though. Have you been to Pennsylvania in August? There are swarms of vicious wasps that would undoubtedly be attracted to a sugary scent like Sun Drenched. That being said, I'm going to be wearing this body mist quite often, mainly because that melon note really appeals to me.
I like Island Sugar's Sun Drenched. This certainly isn't a scent for everyone, a lot of people may think its too much, but I don't. To me, Sun Drenched is starburst in spray form, which is novel to say the least. I'd consider purchasing more from this indie scent shop, and I recommend that you look into Island Sugar if you have a sweet tooth. The quality of these body sprays is good, it lasts well and you barely need any at all. I have another review for the Marshmallow scent coming up soon

You can currently get 15% off all Island Sugar orders with the code SUGAR15. 

Ingredients:
Purified water, disodium edta, polysorbate-20, dmdm hydantoin, benzophenone-4, fragrance.


1 comment