Hard Candy Feel Rosey All Lid Up Cream Eyeshadow Review

 Hard Candy says their new All Lid Up Cream Eyeshadows are "vibrant, long wearing creme eyeshadows to light up and enhance eyes. Our groundbreaking hybrid formula has a soft cushion texture that allows it to be worn as  eyeshadow or eyeliner. This crease proof, stay put formula is blendable, luminous, multi colored pearls to provide glamorous evening looks." Hard Candy. No. That description barely made any sense. Hire me to write your product descriptions, I promise they will make more sense than that nonsense. Anyway, Hard Candy offers ten shades of All Lid Up cream shadows. I have Feeling Rosey, a pink. Each cream shaow contains 5.4g (.19 oz) and retails for $5. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com. Hard Candy products are not tested on animals. This eyeshadow was made in the USA.

 Packaging for Hard Candy's All Lid Up eyeshadows could be better. Like its functional, but I feel like Hard Candy has some of the cuter, more creative packaging among affordable brands, so I expect everything to look a little fancy. The All Lid Up eyeshadows come in a very lighweight, clear, square plastic jar. The jar, while still small, is kinda excessive, really it could be half the size. The product name and Hard Candy logo are printed on the side of this jar. This eyeshadow's jar is topped with a black cap with the shade name and some company info printed on a clear label. I just think Hard Candy could've gone the extra mile and made this packaging is a little cuter.
 Honestly, All Lid Up's lackluster packaging made me expect and equally sub-par product, and wow was I so far off! Hard Candy's All Lid Up is a great cream eyeshadow formula. The texture is really different, in the jar All Lid Up feels like a dry mousse. Actually the texture reminds me of a drier, denser version of Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes. This cream eyeshadow doesn't feel creamy, its a very unique feel that I can't accurately describe, you need to feel this product for yourself! All Lid Up's payoff is low but buildable, it starts off sheer, but a second or even third layer and you can really build up the opacity. Because All Lid Up is a drier formula, application can be a little tricky. The best way to apply this cream shadow is to pat it on with your fingers or a flat stiff brush like Urban Decay's Good Karma Shadow Brush. It can be difficult to pick up a lot of product at once, so expect to keep dipping back into your pot. Something annoying that I feel needs to be mentioned is that this cream shadow can bunch up on the lid when you apply it with a brush. Because of that I prefer to use my fingers, which I think are the better tool anyway, since they warm the product up, making it more pliable. Unlike many cream shadows, Hard Candy's All Lid Ups don't seem to make very good eyeshadow bases. This cream product causes powder shadows to apply in an unattractive, patchy fashion. On it's own, with a primer, or with powder applied over it, it doesn't matter, Hard Candy's All Lid Up eyeshadows don't budge, smudge, crease, or fade all day long. Once these shadows are set they're on your eye until you're ready to remove them. The wear for this cream shadow really impresses me, I've never really had luck with cream eyeshadows before this one!
 The color of Feeling Rosey is pretty interesting, definitely not a common color for drugstore cream shadows. In the jar, Feeling Rosey looks like a metallic rosy pink. How this shade appears on the eyes depends on the amount you apply, the colors you pair it with, and the angle its views from. Feeling Rosey shifts from coral, to pink, to a rust shade, to a rosy beige; very interesting. Feeling Rosey has very small shimmer particles that give it a pretty sheen. This isn't the most flattering shade for me, but its something different. Kudos to Hard Candy for branching out and making a unique shade like Feeling Rosey.
[Excuse the mascara splotches, I was working with a new one with a huge brush]
I'm really impressed by Hard Candy's All Lid Up Cream Eyeshadows. I can say, with confidence, that this is the best cream eyeshadow I've tried so far. This is not a 100% perfect product, the packaging is dull and application could be easier, but the excellent wear makes up for it. The shade Feeling Rosey is unique, dimensional, and versatile. I feel like the only real downfall to this line of cream shadows is that it lacks neutrals, there are only two or three out of the ten shades. I highly, highly recommend Hard Candy's All Lid Up cream shadows if you're looking for long lasting, stand alone, colorful cream shadows. I much prefer Hard Candy's option over Maybelline's wildly popular Color Tattoos. I doubt that I'll repurchase Feeling Rosey, but I'm definitely going to check out the other shades. Keep Hard Candy's All Lid Up shadows in mind next time you pop into Walmart! 


Ingredients unavailable. 

7 comments

  1. I honestly don't really like the name "hard candy" either now I focus on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks for reviewing this!! I have seen these and from the description I had no idea what it was lol!! It didn't really say if it was cream, pigment, powder. If this is similar to the maybelline mousse shadows I will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Hard Candy really needs to get their shit together and actually describe their products in a eloquent way. I can't really tell you if they're like Maybelline's Mousse shadows though, I never tried them.

      Delete
  3. That's a really nice color and the price is really inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these and wanted to try them but walmart didn't have a price on them and I never heard of it before and figured it might suck :p I think I need this color for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it! My Walmart didn't have a price on them either, which is weird.

      Delete