April Ipsy Bag - Pretty in Pink




 I just got April's Ipsy bag. This month I got it right on time! Compared to last month's bag, the products are a way, way better value! That doesn't mean I really like any of them though. The theme this month is "Pretty in Pink" and well...I don't really like anything pink. I'm going to be a good sport about it, and try everything, except one product, but you'll here about that later in the post. As always, the Ipsy bag costs $10 and contains 4-5 deluxe samples or full size products. If you have any other questions, please refer to My Thoughts on Ipsy. This month's bag is white with pink trim and a zipper closure. The bag feels like its made of a soft canvas and is actually pretty nice quality. 
 This month's products. 

 Be a Bombshell Blush  - Full Size - $16

I'm kinda tired of getting Be a Bomshell products. They're such a no name brand, and the other two products I've received have only been "ok". I received this blush in the shade "Sweet Cheeks" which is described as a medium rose with shimmer. The other shade some subscribers may have received is Beach Please, a matte bright pink. Sweet Cheeks is crazy pigmented (swatch), its like a metallic barbie pink. I don't know how it's going to look on my fair skin. 

The Claim:
A highly pigmented pressed powder blush that highlights the complexion and provides long lasting color. Can be used both as a blush or a bronzer.

The Offer:
30% off any order+Free Full Size Pink Eyeshadow with code IPSY30
 Big Sexy Hair Powder Play - Travel Size (2g) - $6

The first of two "either/or" products in April's bag. If you didn't receive Powder Play, you got Healthy Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal. I loved the Big Sexy Hair Spray&Play Hair Spray that was included in a past bag, and I love the hockey pun in the name of this product as well. This is the only product I'm actually really excited about in this bag. 

The Claims:
Get ‘POW’ volume in an instant with Sexy Hair's Powder Play! Powder Play adds instant volume to any type of hair style or texture. Weightless, odorless, and colorless! Instantly liquifies when applied and adds volume and texture in seconds. Just sprinkle on dry hair at the root for lift and volume. Apply throughout the hair for extreme volume and texture.

The Offer:
$5 off a $25 purchase of Sexy Hair products at Ulta.com or in store. Use code 108888
 Sation Nail Lacquer - Full Size - $5

Sation is a brand I've heard of by never tried. Ipsy sent out two shades this month, Of Corset I'll Call You, a "romantic lavender rose" or Love at First Byte, a "light peachy pink". I received the latter and I can't stand the color (swatch), so look for it in a future giveaway. The formula seems a little thin as well, but it dries to a nice glossy, sheer finish. 

The Claim:
Sation Nail Lacquer is a contemporary beauty company, infusing a creative direction in nail care through a blend of lifestyle aesthetics. The collection features 120 colors from its seasonal & limited collections.

The Offer:
20% off any purchase at store.misspn.com with code IPSY30
Two Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duo - Full Size - $6.99

The second of two "either/or" products, if you didn't receive this eyeshadow duo in Heartache, you received a Mica Beauty Mineral Eyeshadow. This eyeshadow duo contains two pink shades, one shimmer, one matte. The pigmentation is only ok (swatch). The shades are much softer than I thought they would be, so they're pretty wearable. I've heard some iffy stuff about Two Cosmetics, apparently they're just repackaged stuff. This brand is pretty charitable though, they donate one product for every product purchased.

The Claim:
Two Cosmetics blush pink duo eyeshadow in Heartache is suited for all skin tones & complexions in two finishes. The shimmer side is fabulous for highlighting the brow bone, tear duct or cheeks. The matte side is great for blending, or for use as a blush and is amazing for an all over the lid color. Paraben free and not tested on animals!

The Offer:
25% off+Free Lip Gloss with code IPSTER
_______________________________________________________________________
Even though I'm not in love with this bag, I can see if being good for a lot of people! I would've preferred to receive the Mica Beauty pigment and Healthy Sexy Hair product, but you get what you get right? 

Total Value of April's Ipsy Bag:
$34 

Did you enjoy your bag this month? What's your favorite product? Least favorite? Did you get what you wanted? And what would you like to see in May's bag? Answer me in the comments!

Leave a Comment

  1. I got the same blush as you in my Ipsy bag and I love it! I originally wanted the bright matte pink one, but once I put on Sweet Cheeks, I was happy. I have really fair skin too like you do. As long as you put a little on, you should be fine. I was shocked with how pigmented it is. One little swipe of my blush brush was crazy. I like what you got in your bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dabbed just a little bit on and it actually looks really nice! It'll be so easy to overapply though!

      Delete
  2. yeah, not jumping for joy over my bag either, hoping the blush will be a hit, i also got sweet cheeks.
    and the boring nail polish.
    ug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next month is better =( I'd hate to see Ipsy go downhill again. I believe March and April were bad months for them last year too.

      Delete
  3. never even heard of ipsy bag but it sounds great :)

    rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first Ipsy bag and I was super excited for it, but the theme kind of put me off. I am also NOT a huge fan of pink so I was iffy on this even going into it.
    I got Be a Bombshell Sweet Cheeks (way to bright pink looking for my skintone), Two Cosmetics Heartache Duo (I'm nervous about pink on the eyes, also the packaging feels horribly cheap), Sation Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You (I don't normally wear pink on my nails and this is SO SHEER I can hardly see it!), and Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal (which is the only product that I'm exceptionally excited about).
    Overall, I'm a little disappointed, but that's slightly alleviated by the fact that I got my money back times three. I'm really hoping that May's bag is a little more seasonal! Spring or summer focused perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hated the pink theme too. The Heartache duo is actually surprisingly flattering, at least ony my brown eyes. Also, I'm jelly about you getting the Soy Renewal product. I totally agree that May's bag needs to be more summery! The last two months haven't been great, so hopefully we get some better, less pink products next month.

      Delete
    2. I have brown eyes too! I just have no clue how to go about using it. Quickie tutorial perhaps? :)
      Yeah I had Birchbox for a few months and wasn't crazy about it, but I'm definitely going to stick with this for at least a couple months more because its cheaper and I like that it's cosmetics oriented.

      Delete
    3. I'll try to throw a tutorial together, but in case I forget, I applied both of these eyeshadows with a big fluffy brush, the shimmer one all over the lid, and the matte one in the crease. I applied them really lightly, in a barely there dusting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...