70 Questions To Ask a Beauty Blogger


I saw this tag/set of questions on Tumblr and decided to answer all the questions on my blog. I tag anyone who wants to answer these questions!


1. Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Stain, Balm, or Lip Liner?
Lipstick, lately

2. How do you make your Lipstick / Lip Gloss last longer?
I don't go out of my way to keep lip products on

3. How do you pick a Lip Color that looks good on my skin color?
I blindly choose a coral shade and hope for the best.

4. What are some cheap ways to take care of chapped lips?
Maybelline Baby Lips, they fix everything.

5. Favorite drugstore lip product?
Maybelline Color Whispers or NYX Round Lipsticks

6. Favorite brand name lip product?
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie glosses

7. Do you usually play up or play down your lips?
it depends.

8. Eyeliner in Pencil, Gel, or Liquid?
Pencils for the lower lash line, gels for the top

9. How do you do a cat eye?
I use my lower lash line as a guide.

10. What do you use to remove eye makeup and mascara?
Maybelline Clean Express Classic Eye Makeup Remover

11. How do you make your eye makeup last longer?
Primer. If you dont use an eye primer don't talk to me, you're silly.

12. Cream or Powder eye shadow?
Powder, I hate cream shadows

13. What tricks can you do to make your eyelashes look longer?
Use a lengtheing mascara and a lash serum

14. How do you brighten up your eyes?
Nude liner?

15. What color(s) go with my eyes?
Gold

16. Favorite drugstore eyeliner?
NYX Slide Ons 

17. Favorite drugstore eyeshadow?
NYX Eyeshadows

18. Favorite drugstore mascara?
Covergirl Lash Blast

19. Favorite drugstore eye pallette?
WnW Comfort Zone or Silent Treatment 

20. Favorite brand name eyeliner?
Mica Beauty Gel Eyeliner

21. Favorite brand name eyeshadow?
Urban Decay

22. Favorite brand name mascara?
Benefit Bad Gal

23. Favorite brand name palette?
Urban Decay Naked2

25. If you can only use one eye makeup product, what would it be?
Mascara.

26. What is the difference between an eye primer and an eye base?
Eye primer helps keeps the shadows from creasing, eye bases enhance color.

27. Any tips on applying falsies?
no please give me some.

28. Favorite brand of falsies?
EcoTools?

29. How do you pick your shade of foundation?
Grab the lightest shade and hope for the best.

30. What's a good foundation for oily skin?
Rimmel Match Perfection

31. What's a good foundation for dry skin?
Revlon Color Stay Whipped Cream

32. What's a good foundation for normal skin?
Revlon Nearly Naked

33. How do you pick a foundation for your skin color?
I just...answered that?

34. Tinted Moisturizer, BB Cream, or Foundation?
Foundation

35. What is a BB Cream?
"A BB Cream can be a lot of things. In America/Canada/UK its about the same thing thing as a tinted moisturizer, it has very light coverage, just enough to even everything out and give your skin a little bit of moisture and SPF. Every brand is releasing a BB Cream as of late, they're the new trend, but they're rarely the revolutionary new product they claim to be. In fact, Covergirl straight up renamed their tinted moisturizer as a BB cream without changing the formula. These are usually best suited for people with dry to normal skin. However, in Asia, where BB Creams originated, they are highly pigmented skincare products that provide heavier coverage, SPF, and other skin benefits. " - What's the Difference? Foundation, BB Cream, and Concealer

36. What do you use to apply your Foundation?
Avon Precision Grip Tear Drop Blender 

37. How can I make my nose look slimmer or straighter?
Contour the sides with a matte, grey based bronzer. Apply with a fan brush.

38. Cream, Powder, or Liquid Blush?
Powder

39. Favorite foundation?
Maybelline FitMe or Revlon Nearly Naked

40. Favorite concealer?
Rimmel Match Perfection

41. How do you conceal a pimple?
Two light layers of a thickish concealer, like Hard Candy Glamoflauge

42. How do you conceal dark circles?
A combo of Pixi's Correction Concentrate and Rimmel Match Perfection. If they're particularly bad, I use a bit of Benefit That Gal Primer, which is pink toned, so it adds more brightness.

43. How do you get rid of or lessen dark circles?
Eat well, sleep well, drink well, use a brightening eye cream like Benefit's It's Potent.

44. What is your daily skin care routine?
Morning: Exfoliate, Wash, Tone, Moisturize. Night: Remove makeup, Wash, Tone, Serum, Moisturizer, Eye Cream

45. What is your weekly skin care routine?
The same, with two masks throughout the week.

46. How do you prep your face for makeup?
Always moisturize prior to application. I use a pore covering primer on my nose, cheeks, and chin.

47. How do you take off your makeup?
I use eye makeup remover on a cotton pad for my eyes, and just straight up wash my face otherwise.

48. What are some DIY face masks?
I don't really bother.

49. Where can you buy face masks?
Um, anywhere? Drugstores, Sephora, Ulta, BBW, High End Skincare counters?

50. What facial moisturizer do you recommend?
Olay Complete Moisturizer. They make one for every skin type, you get a good amount, and its less than $10

51. How can I get rid of or shrink my big pores?
You can't get rid of them, but you can shrink their appearance with good skincare and a pore minimizng primer.

52. How do you highlight your face?
How To Use High Beam

53. How do you contour your face?
With Benefit's Hoola and Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush.

54. How often should you clean your makeup brushes?
You should deep clean them fortnightly. Not that I do.

55. How do you clean your makeup brushes?
I've been using ELF's Brush Shampoo lately.

56. What are some inexpensive makeup brushes?
ELF, Real Techniques, Essence, Avon, They're all pretty good.

57. Do you prefer matte or shimmer eyeshadows?
Shimmer

58. Do you prefer matte or dewey skin?
Dewy

59. Do you prefer matte or shiny lipstick / lipgloss?
I like satin finish lip products.

60. When did you start wearing makeup?
I was about 13 I think.

61. Who taught you to put on makeup?
Myself.

62. What if your favorite brand of makeup?
Benefit and NYX

63. What product do you never leave home without?
Mascara

64. If you only had $50 dollars for makeup, what would you buy?
UD Naked2 Palette.

65. Who is your favorite beauty guru on youtube?
EmilyNoel83

66. How long do you take to get ready in the morning?
About 1/2 hour, but I go about it quite leisurely. I could probably cut it down to 15 minutes if I wanted.

67. What online makeup store is your favorite?
I don't really shop for makeup online, but I like to window shop on Ulta and Cherry Culture.

68. Who are your favorite beauty blogs on tumblr?
There are loads, but Drugstore Princess and MakeupTips- are both my girlz.

69. How long should you keep a product?
It depends on the product. I go by how it functions and textures change, not by preset dates.

70. What product are you hoping to buy next?
Wishlist

7 comments

  1. ooooh, I love stuff like that, Imma steal that for my blog, if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more than ok! Leave me a link when you post it, I'd love to see your answers.

      Delete
  2. I love this! we have a lot of the same taste in makeup ;) Great blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then you have very good taste ;D thanks <3

      Delete
  3. Oooh girl, I is stealing DISSSS

    Love you btw <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't wait to see your answers <3

      Delete
  4. Hey there, stopping by from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I am now following you via Bloglovin' & GFC! I hope you'll get the chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete