Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara Review




Urban Decay's Lush Lash Mascara will "indulge your lashes with the hardest working mascara on the planet. Our unique formula delivers instant length and volume and allows them to grow LONGER!". This mascara is supposedly infused with a growth serum which conditions the lashes with nourishing ingredients like panthenol and peptides. Urban Decay suggests using this mascara in conjunction with their Lush Lash Serum. I got a sample of this mascara as a gift with purchase at Ulta. The full size tube retails for $20. This mascara is vegan. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, but they were recently acquired by L'Oreal, a brand known for testing on animals. This mascara was made in Canada. Urban Decay products can be bought on the brand's website, at Sephora and Ulta, and I believe select department stores as well. 
 Lush Lash, like most Urban Decay products, has attractive, edgy, and intricate packaging. Lush Lash comes in a pretty lavender tube with purple detailing. The name of the product and the Urban Decay logo are written on the tube in purple lettering, along with a short claim that be can found on the tube. Very pretty stuff, Urban Decay, not very informative, but it is a sample after all.
Lush Lash has an interesting brush. The rubber brush is average in length and comes to a rounded point. This brush has short, evenly spaced bristles that really grab the lashes well. The brush is widest at the bottom, nips in at the middle, and rounds off again towards the top. The bristles are the shortest where the brush curves inwards. I'm not entirely sure of Urban Decay's thoughts when they were designing this brush, the taped middle section of the brush doesn't really make sense to me. All that being said, the brush isn't bad, it's easy to work with and good at separating the lashes. 
 Urban Decay's Lush Lash doesn't Really live up to it's name. The results are ok, I just wouldn't call my lashes "lush" when I wear this mascara. Urban Decay says that this mascara will "nourish, thicken, and lengthen". Honestly, I only see the length, which it gives a nice amount of. This mascara seperates my lashes well, except on the outer corner, where it tangles them up a little bit. Lush Lash offers no volume, which is kinda disappointing. This mascara is very much a "daily" mascara, there's no drama at all, which is the exact opposite of what I expected. I've never actually noticed any flaking from Lush Lash, but it loses a lot of oomph throughout the day. At the end of the day  I only have half of the mascara I applied left. I don't know where it goes, it doesn't flake or smudge, it's so strange.
I feel a little disappointed by Urban Decay's Lush Lash. With a name like that I thought I was going to get big, thick lashes (I guess that's what Big Fatty is for), but instead I just get a nice amount of length, nothing amazing. My question is, where does that length go? The flakeless disappearance of my mascara is worthy of a spot on Unsolved Mysteries. I don't really have anything to say for the effectiveness of the serum in this mascara; I haven't noticed a difference in my lashes and I doubt I would if I used the entire tube. I think you'd need to use only this mascara for a few months to really see results and I'm not capable of that kind of cosmetic commitment. If you can devote your lashes to on mascara for the sake of growing your lashes, try Lush Lash, but otherwise, there are better mascaras to try. I wouldn't repurchase. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnuba/Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica, Palmitic Acid, Acylates Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Lauroyl Lysine, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, PVP, Cetyl Alcohol, Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Methyl Pyrrolidone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Leave a Comment

  1. I love that packaging! Now I want to watch unsolved mysteries...haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? =D And I fully encourage you to watch Unsolved Mysteries. Is that still even on tv? I hope so.

      Delete
    2. I dunno if they still play it...I know like 2 years ago they started playing reruns on lifetime from like 05 haha

      Delete
  2. Love the packaging! I really want to try this mascara, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your lashes look fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...