Too Faced Glamour Gloss - Sex Pot - Review

 Too Faced Glamour Glosses are "richly pigmented and enriched with our exclusive Lip Injection Comfort Plump to provide the plumping results of Lip Injection with a sensual cooling sensation." Too Faced offers twelve shades, I have Sex Pot, which Too Faced calls a "sheer lilac". This is my first Too Faced product, I got a mini .10fl oz tube in the limited edition Beauty Editor Darlings value kit, which sold for $19. The full size Glamour Glosses retail for $19. Glamour Gloss' formula is paraben free. This lip gloss was made in Canada. Too Faced does not test on animals. Too Faced products can be bought through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta.
 Packaging for Too Faced Glamour Gloss is very cute. My little tube seems to be exactly the same as the full size. The cylindrical tube is made of clear plastic with a reflective pink cap. The Too Faced logo and product name are written on the tube in black cursive lettering. A black curtain detail surrounds the top of the tube.  A product description and company info can be found on the tube. The shade name can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. Glamour Glosses come with a basic doe foot applicator.
 I've been loving high end lip glosses lately, and most of the ones I've fallen for have been plumping glosses, so I fully expected to love Glamour Gloss. I find the formula so average though. This gloss has a decent consistency, but feels a little sticky on the lips, and it only gets stickier the long you wear it. Because of the sticky texture, Too Faced Glamour Gloss wears pretty well, I get about two to two and a half hour of wear. This lip gloss does transfer a bit onto cups and straws, but stays on well through munching and talking. The "Lip Injection Comfort Plump" is very cooling on the lips and has a slight, comfortable tingle to it. This is, however, not a good gloss to wear outside in the winter. When the wind blows it feels like my lips are burning in the most intense flames of hell. It's comfortable otherwise though, I swear! I don't notice a significant amount of plumping from this gloss, it's pretty slight. For me that's a good, I have naturally full lips and don't need plumping, but those who want a good plumper may be disappointed. Too Faced Glamour Glosses have a slight artificial sweet scent but no flavor.
Sex Pot, which Too Faced called a sheer lilac, is a little mauvey in my opinion. Its a pretty neutral color that's almost a "my lips but better" shade for me, but a little too pinky. A little bit of the lilac tone shows up in photos, but I don't think it's as apparent in person. I'm a little confused as to what level of opacity I should expect from Sex Pot. Too Faced says this gloss formula is highly pigmented, but goes on to call this shade sheer. I'm a little puzzled. Sex Pot seems to run right down the middle of pigmentation. The finish of Sex Pot is pretty glossy, but also has a milky quality to it. I feel like this gloss can accentuate lip lines a bit. 
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot is good, it just doesn't wow me the same way other high end lip glosses have. Packaging is very cute. The consistency of this gloss is ok, a little stickier than I prefer, but it helps keep the product on. Sex Pot is a nice, mauvey lilac that's quite flattering. I think I'm gonna put this gloss on the shelf until spring, because oh man is this gloss uncomfortable when it's cold outside. If you like plumping glosses, but can't stand the way they sting, Glamour Gloss might be something you should look into, it's pretty comfortable for a plumper. I wouldn't repurchase Too Faced Glamour Gloss, I'd rather invest in a different expensive gloss. That being said, this is a solid lip gloss formula that's worth the money if you find a shade you love. 

Ingredients:
Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de carnauba, Polyethylene, Aroma/Flavor, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Faex/Yeast Extract/Extrait de levure, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Menthoxypropanediol, Menthol, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Carmine (CI 75470).


5 comments

  1. I love this lip gloss! Its not to singly and I think it is a very pretty color. I have it in Sex Pot and This is Pretty! but I prefer Sex Pot =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the least stingy plumping glosses I've tried. Glad you like this gloss.

      Delete
  2. Sex Pot is a very naughty name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these in the shade called Erotic, and it made my lips literally peel. I hardly ever wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a reaction to the plumping agent. D=

      Delete