Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer Review

 Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer is a "skin perfecting, waterproof, mattifying base that not only helps keep your makeup in place for up to twelve hours, but also refines the appearance of pores and diffuses fine lines and imperfections. The natural fruit and plant derived extracts deliver anti-aging and skin restorative benefits to your skin. The face primer features good for you ingredients like avocado oil and rosemary, and no bad for you ingredients like parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and synthetic fragrance. I got a little 7.5ml (.25 fl oz) tube in Tarte's Clean Slate Primer Trio, which I picked up from Ulta for $9. This value pack of primers is limited edition, but still available at Ulta. The full size of Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer retails for $30 and contains 30ml (1 fl oz). Tarte is a cruelty free brand. This facial primer was made in America. Tarte products can be bought from the brand's website, Ulta, and Sephora, and is offered on QVC from time to time.
 Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer has great packaging. It comes in a purple (Tarte's signature color) squeeze tube. Silver, white, and spring green flowers encircle the top and bottom of the tube. The name of the product and Tarte's logo are written on the front of the tube in silver lettering, Poreless is written down the side of the tube. This tube is closed off with a black plastic twist off cap, the full size has a lacquered wooden cap. Tarte's squeeze tubes are made of a stiffer material than most, which is nice, it makes it easier to control how much product is dispensed. Cute, functional packaging; kudos Tarte.
 Tarte's Poreless primer is similar to Benefit's Porefessional, but even better! This primer is thick, smooth, and clear. Tarte claims that this primer will "refine the appearance of pores and diffuse fine lines"  and it truly does. I don't have many fine lines, but I do have prominent pores on my nose and cheeks. Poreless reduce their appearance alone, and makes them look virtually erased under foundation. When Tarte called this primer "Clean Slate Poreless" they weren't kidding. Tarte's face primer gives such a perfected, smooth finish, it's kinda hard to believe. This primer isn't entirely perfect though, believe it or not. Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer can feel a little heavy on the skin and I've experienced a couple small white heads on the side of my nose since I began using it. A few blocked pores isn't enough to deter me from using this great primer though. For the record, I do not use this primer all over the face, just across my forehead, all over my nose, chin, and parts of my cheeks. Poreless does a decent job of controlling oil.
Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer is awesome! If you're looking to mask your pores or fine lines, this primer would be a great choice for you and I totally recommend it. I'm going to reserve the rest of my sample tube for days I really want to look my best. I doubt I'll ever find a face primer that's more effective at smoothing over my pores. The results really amaze me! This product may not be for everyone though, it has the potential to cause breakouts. Go out and pick up the Tarte Clean Slate Primer Trio, it's a great deal. I much prefer Poreless over Flawless, and I'd certainly consider buying the full size tube of Poreless. I use such a small dab of this product, a 30ml tube would last me ages.  

Ingredients:
cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, cyclohexasilixane, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, lycium barbarum fruit extract, euterpe oleracea fruit extract, malpighia punicifolia (acerola) fruit extract, punica granatum extract, passiflora incarnate fruit extract, tocopheryl acetate, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, hibiscus rosa-sinsensis flower/leaf extract, mica, echinacea angustilfolia extract, centella asiatica extract, phenoxyethanol.

9 comments

  1. You definetly are without pores now =o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find it as...astonishing. I guess I'll keep looking lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks :( I hope you find a primer that works out for you!

      Delete
  3. That looks quite awesome, im always looking to get something to reduce Pores to be honest!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great. =D I hope it work for you if you try it.

      Delete
  4. Great review! I will definitely be trying this along with their foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanna try their foundation so bad! good luck with both products. <3

      Delete
  5. It looks like it worked. And I have to agree the packaging is pretty cool.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarte has some overall great packaging. =D

      Delete