Revlon Galactic Moon Candy Nail Art Duo Review




 Revlon's Moon Candy polishes are nail art duos, one side is a cream polish, the other is a flaky holographic glitter. Revlon says that these lacquers will give your nails a "cosmic 3D effect for out of this world nails!" These nail polishes came out sometime earlier last year, but I ever saw them at any stores near me. They hit the shelves again at the end of the year, maybe this time as a permanent product, I'm not sure. Revlon offers ten duos, I have Galactic, the blue duo. Each Moon Candy duo contains .26fl oz (7.68 ml), which isn't very much product at all. I bought my polish at Target for $7, kinda expensive for what it is. Revlon claims to not test on animals, but I've heard of some controversy about that. This nail polish was made in America. 
Packaging is just ok. A cylindrical glass nail polish bottle stems out on each side from the plastic middle portion. A label wraps about the middle bit that features the product name and some company info. The label peels up to reveal directions and a ingredient list for both shades. The brush for Revlon's Moon Candy is pretty similar to the one that comes with their standard Nail Enamels, but smaller. The brushes are thin but rounded, on the stiffer side, with no splayed bristles.
 The base shade of Galactic isn't too exciting. It's a dark navy with a cream finish. The cream finish gets dull very quickly, a common problem with Revlon's creams. I like the color of the polish. Its a dark navy but it's still obviously blue. Application is a dream, this polish goes on entirely opaque in one coat and is very smooth. This nail polish dries very, very quickly; I swear its almost instantaneous. I've never worn this polish on it's own, but I feel like it would probably wear decently. This polish does stain the nails a little bit.
The flaky polish i the Galactic Candy Duo is beautiful! In the bottle it appears to be loaded with holographic, multi-shaped, multi-sized flaky glitters, which were a huge trade last year. The base of the polish is a very translucent sky blue with a jelly finish. The base color is so sheer that it likely won't influence any color it's layered over. I bought Galactic for the flaky side and I'm sad to say that is't very good. You really have to fish the flakes out and pressed them on to the nail with the brush. How many flakes of glitter you get vastly differs from nail to nail; some may get loads of glitter, others may get only one flake, or even none at all. The effect is gorgeous, at first, but just like the cream finish, it gets pretty dull. The flakes peel up and fall off and while it doesn't chip, it peels all the way off when it gets wet. Very disappointing. 
Sadly, I don't love Revlon's Moon Candy Nail Duo in Galactic. It's beautiful when first applied, but it gets dull so quickly. Application is problematic for the flaky blue glitter. Wear isn't great, I can get two or three days of wear, but eventually I need to wash the dishes or bathe, and that's the end of Galactic. I don't feel like this nail art duo is worth the price. You get a very small amount of product; I've applied this polish four times and have put a significant dent in both polishes, even though I only need one coat of each per application. I wouldn't repurchase Revlon's Moon Candy duos, nor do I recommend it. It's not a very good intro to flaky polishes and aside from Galactic I didn't find any of the duos very unique or pretty. 

Cream Polish Ingredients:
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tribenzoin Isopropyl Alcohol, Propyl Acetate, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearlkonium Betonite, Silk Powder, Triacetin, Tetrabutyl Phenyl Hydroxybenzoate, PPG-2 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Malic Acid

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 6, Black 2, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Yellow 5, Iron Oxides

Glitter Polish Ingredients:
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Alcohol Denat, 1polyethylene Terephthalate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid, Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica

May Contain:
Violet 2,  Blue 1, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Red 7, Red 34, Yellow 5, Iron Oxides 

Leave a Comment

  1. Ive been eyeing these up but was waiting for your review...glad a waited...meh :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty, it's a shame they're kinda iffy =\ Ulta has them on sale for $4 or 5 at the moment, but I still wouldn't recommend them :(

      Delete
  2. Are they any better with a top coat? the swatches look so pretty! ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only slightly better, but my only top coat sucks. ;_; it' not fair is it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...