Maybelline Coral Crush Baby Lips Lip Balm Review

 By now most of us have tried Maybelline's Baby Lip Lip Balms, but have you tried their new, limited edition shades? Maybelline released a handful of Baby Lips duos back in December, most of them offering a limited edition shade, along with one of the six permanent shades. The limited edition shades must've been in high demand, because they've now been released individually, with an additional two shades! I was torn between Coral Crush and Melon Mania, but choose Coral Crush because I'm a coral lip color junkie (I think I'm gonna go back for Melon Mania though!). Originally I wasn't going to review this product because I was worried I wouldn't get the post up before they were off the shelves, but I've seen them in stores as recently as last week, so here we go. The limited edition Baby Lips have the same great formula I've come to love and rely on. Maybelline says that their Baby Lips balms have an "exclusive skin renewing formula" that provides eight hour of moisture and protection. Maybelline also claims that your lips will be "visibly renewed, virtually reborn" after just one week of use. This lip balm also contains SPF 20. To back up the fairly lofty claims, Maybelline offers a few facts and figures. In their clinical testing, their panelists found: 82% visibly less dry lips, 94% less rough lips, and 77% better looking, more supple lips. I bought my 4.4g (.15oz) tube at Walmart for $2.97. Unfortunately, Maybelline continues to practice animal testing. This lip balm was made in America.
 Opinions on Maybelline's Baby Lips packaging varies a lot. Some hate it, calling it tacky and juvenile; others love it and find it adorable. I'm definitely part of the later group, I love this lip balm's tube. In the case of Coral Crush, the tube matches the color of the product, bright orangey coral. The cap is clear with bright yellow bubble letters. I really like the font, it suits the playful name of the product. On top of being cute, the Baby Lips packaging is pretty functional. The product scrolls all the way down, preventing knicks in the product. The twisting mechanism locks in place when the cap is snapped on. The cap stays on pretty well, protecting the product from drying out. Combine the sturdy, efficient cap with the compact size of the tube, and you have one very purse and pocket friendly product.
 I truly love the formula of Maybelline's Baby Lips. I've tried both the American and International formulas, and both are wonderful, but I slightly prefer the American version. Baby Lips has a very smooth, comfortable feel to it. The balm glides on so effortlessly over the lips. The feel, once applied, is almost silky. I really can't think of a better word to describe it. Baby Lips is by far the most comfortable lip balm formula I've ever encountered. Maybelline's Baby Lips balms have saved my lips more times than I can count. Every couple months, my lips get completely and utterly wrecked, I'm talking bleeding, cracked, painful chapped lips. Baby Lips is the only balm that heals them, they've back to normal in two or three days. These Maybelline balms are my lips' savior and I never want to be without a tube! Maybelline claims that the moisture this balm delivers will last eight hours, but I feel like it's half that, which is still decent.
 Coral Crush is a very sheer color, I wish it had a little bit more payoff. Coral Crush provides a light, translucent coral-pink tint to the lips. The color can be built up if you apply multiple layers, but it will always remain translucent. Coral Crush, like all Maybelline Baby Lips, leaves a nice glossy finish that fades after about an hour, taking the color with it. This shade is sheer enough to apply without a mirror, no worries. Coral Crush has a light orange-vanilla scent and flavor with just a hint of sunscreen in it.
I like Coral Crush a lot, even more than Pink Punch! I would love to see his shade added to the permanent range. Coral Crush combines a soft, pretty, summer ready coral shade and sweet citrus flavor with Maybelline's ultra moisturizing, comfortable, protective lip balm formula. This product is just great. I want to grab at least one more of the limited edition shades if I can. I love everything about Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balms, right down to the price point. As much as I hate labeling a product the very cliche "holy grail", these lip balms really have achieved that status in my books. 

Active Ingredients:
Octinoxate, Octisalate

Inactive Ingredients:
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candeelilla Wax, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Dibutyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe, Calcium Pantothenate, Honey, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondrotin Sulfate, Atelocollagen


May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 7, Red 22 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Carmine,

2 comments

  1. Wow those ingredients will kill you! 100% artificial garbage. You've go to go natural girl. Have you tried Buddha Balm? So good, so tasty and it works. Oh yeah, and all natural also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say 100% artificial, Aloe, honey, vitamin e, etc. But I get your point. No I've not tried Buddha Balm, but I'd certainly consider it, I'm always on the hunt for new products to try out, so I'll look into them. I'm not too concerned with ingredients, I live ~on da edge~. Thanks for the product reco though.

      Delete