Makeup Academy Shade 5 Pearl Eyeshadow Review




 Makeup Academy is a UK beauty brand similar to Wet n Wild, and I believe exclusive to Superdrug. I first found out about this brand during one of Lauren Luke's videos and asked my English friend Rae to send me a few of their products in one of our swaps. One of the products I was given was their Shade 5 Pearl Eyeshadow. I wish Makeup Academy named their colors. Makeup Academy offers twenty four single pearl finish eyeshadows. Each single shade contains 2g and retails for just £1 (about $1.60USD). Makeup Academy does not  test on animals. This eyeshadow was made in China. Makeup Academy products, which are all priced at under £4, can be bought at Superdrug or through the brand's website (yes, they do ship internationally!).
 Packaging is plain and kinda cheap. A circular, black plastic pan with a clear, domed lid that flips open. The lid features the brand logo. A label on the back of the packaging offers the shade number, an ingredient list, and some company info. Basic, but it gets the job done.
 This eyeshadow arrived completely shattered. I used it like a pigment for a while, but decided to repress it after I accidentally spilled a good bit of it. This is was my first successful attempt at pressing, btw. This eyeshadow is extremely delicate and quite soft. This eyeshadow has decent pigmentation, nothing spectacular, but enough for me to not complain about. Shade 5 can go on a tad sheer, so you may way to apply a second layer, or use a sticky base underneath. This eyeshadow is almost too blendable, it's very easy to blend Shade 5 away to nothing. I've never experienced any fallout from this shadow, however I have experienced very poor wear. Shade 5 creases significantly after only two or three hours, I've tried it over three different primers with no luck. The color stays true along my lash line, but really fails on the rest of my lid.
 I love the color of Shade 5. If I had to choose out of my extensive eyeshadow collection, Shade 5 would be in my top ten favorite colors. Shade 5 is a bright, kiwi green with a strong yellow tone to it. Pearl is an excellent description for the finish. There's no visible flecks of glitter, it's more of a pearly sheen. Between the intense, electric color and strong sheen Shade 5 actually looks like it's glowing! It doesn't really pick up in photos, but wow, the effect is amazing in person! I love to lightly dust Shade 5 over similar colors to give them that glowing, three dimensional look to them.
Makeup Academy's Shade 5 kinda sucks on it's own, it creases awfully and doesn't have the best color payoff. But do I love it? Yeah. The color is amazing, so unique and really interesting. I love the glowing effect it gives any color it's layered over. I would repurchase it for that effect alone. If you're ever browsing Makeup Academy's products and love bright colors with neat finishes, you definitely need to grab Shade 5 Pearl Eyeshadow. At just a pound, you can't really go wrong with it...unless you use it on it's own. 

Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Parraffinium Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, CI 74492, CI 77499, CI 77742, CI 77891, CI 42090, CI 19140, CI 77289, CI42090, CI 15850

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...