ELF Makeup Mist&Set Review




 ELF wonders if you "wish you could have a product for your makeup like hairspray for your hair? Keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting, invisible hold with Makeup Mist&Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients; aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A,C,&E. The lightweight, comfortable, and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents colors from running or fading." If you didn't gather from the description, this is a setting spray. Setting sprays are a fairly new, trendy product that hasn't really caught on among drugstore brands yet, so when I wanted to try one for cheap, ELF's was really my only option. This setting spray is part of ELF's Studio line and retails for $3 for 2fl oz (60ml). This, and most ELF products, are vegan friendly and made in China. I purchased my bottle of Mist&Set at Target, but ELF products can also be bought from the brand's website, and at select Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
 ELF's Makeup Mist&Set comes in a black cardboard box. The back of the box offers plenty of product info, including a product description, directions, and a full ingredient list. The product comes in a rectangular , recyclable, translucent black bottle. The name of the product and ELF logo are written on the bottle in white lettering, which is already starting to rub off. The bottle is topped off with a black spritzer that's pretty inappropriate for the product. This spritzer would be much better suited to a body spray or something. ELF's Makeup Mist&Set doesn't really mist as much as squirt, spritzing this setting spray on doesn't result in a fine, delicate mist, so much as an intense spurt of product that concentrates on just a few spots. I had heard about this problem in other reviews, but remained hopeful. Oh first spritz I was very shocked. This product is badly in need of a packaging redesign
I gotta be honest, this setting spray doesn't really do much for me. I've tried a few different application methods; spraying it straight on, doing little half spritzes, spraying it on to a cosmetic wedge and patting it on. Nothing really works out for me. I feel like instead of reducing powdery-ness or cakey-ness, ELF's Makeup Mist&Set makes my makeup look kinda splotchy. I can definitely see where the droplets have landed and ran down my face. The only way I've found to counteract the spotty application is to pat it in with a sponge immediately. That's an awful lot of work for a setting spray, isn't it? Especially one that barely reduces powdery makeup. I'm not really one to have problems with the wear of my foundation, so I can't speak for whether or not ELF's setting spray improves their wear time. I'm inclined to think it would, because it forms a slight film over the skin, which I assume would protect makeup from environmental factors. ELF's Makeup Mist&Set, despite it's alarming application, feels pleasant on the skin, it's very cooling. 
I'm not a fan of ELF's Makeup Mist&Set. I don't feel like it does much, and it's application is kinda finicky. I think a lot of the product's problems stem from poor packaging. I think if anything, this setting spray would improve the longevity of makeup. If you're looking for a product to combat cake-face, look elsewhere. I would't repurchase or recommend this setting spray unless ELF repackages it. I'll keep this spray around for foiling eyeshadows, but I don't think I'll be using it on my face anymore. 

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

hope you like parabens.

Leave a Comment

  1. We always have our video where I spritzed you guds n.n

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...