Avon Naturals Aqua Rush Body Lotion Review

 Avon Naturals released their Aqua Rush line, which is targeted towards men. Hey, that's never stopped me before, I like a lot of men's scents. Avon says that this lotion is "formulated with algae extract; this moisturizing hand and body lotion leaves skin feeling soft, supple, and smooth." I've been a long time fan of Avon's Naturals line, yet somehow this is my first time reviewing this lotion formula. I received both the body lotion and body spray of Aqua Rush as a Christmas gift. The body lotion regularly retails for $7 for 8.4fl oz (250 ml), but the Naturals line is almost always on special. Avon products can be bought through a local representative, or through the brand's website. Avon does not test on animals, except in their East Asian market. This lotion was made in America.
 Avon Naturals lotions have nice packaging. A tall, cylindrical bottle, made of clear, recyclable plastic and topped with a flip top cap. A clear label wraps around the bottle. A crashing wave and seashell can be found on the front of the bottle, along with the product name. The back of the bottle offers a product description, directions, company info, and a full ingredient list, all in English, French, and Spanish. Packaging is basic, but nice, and definitely functional.
 Man, I forgot how nice the Avon's Naturals lotion formula is! I like it better than Bath&BodyWorks lotions! Avon's Naturals lotions are on the thinner side. A little bit goes a long way, only the smallest amount can be smoothed out over a larger area (ex: a leg). This lotion sinks in very quickly and leaves my skin feeling silky and smooth. Why do I like Avon's Naturals Body Lotion more than Bath&BodyWorks' lotions? Well, it's only a slight preference, but I like Avon's better because the lotion is slightly lighter and sinks in quicker. The value is also better. You get slightly more product for several dollars less.
 Aqua Rush is a nice scent. It definitely is more on the masculine side ,but I think it could be unisex. Obviously I don't mind that, but those who like sweeter, fruity/floral scents may be turned off. Aqua Rush has a light, fresh, aquatic scent that has a somewhat cologne-y aspect to it. The scent doesn't linger on the skin very long, using the matching shower gel and body spray will help the scent stick around longer.
I'm really glad that I received this lotion, it rekindled my love for Avon Naturals body care. The formula is really good, fast absorbing and very moisturizing. The light, watery scent can be used by both genders, but it is a little bit more manly. I probably won't repurchase this body lotion, since I have a backlog of lotions to try. I will finish off the bottle though, and I'm really grateful for getting it. If you're looking for an affordable lotion to share with your man, or like more masculine scents, you'll probably enjoy Avon's Aqua Rush. Check it out! 

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil,Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, Algae Extract, Fragrance, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Acyrlates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, SD Alcohol 40B, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 10. 

Man, Naturals is really a misnomer, huh?

1 comment