Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vampy Red Toned Eye Look ft. Coastal Scents Eyeshadows

 A tutorial for a little quad of Coastal Scents Hot Pot eyeshadows I got from Ipsy a few months back. This tutorial doesn't feature the most wearable color palette, two of the four shades are red based, but it comes together to create and interesting, slightly smokey, kinda vampy edgy look. I wore it yesterday and got a compliment or two, so I figured I'd share. I had a horrible time photographing this look, so I might come back and update the photos at a later date. The way I set the look up won't really flatter rounder or more prominent eye shapes, but I work with what I got. I love the way the red peeks out along my lash line when I look straight ahead.  Feel free to follow along!

 Step 1: Prime your eyelids. Add a sticky white base if you want increased vibrancy.

Step 2: Softly dust a grey-taupe shade from lashes to immediately below the brow bone, diffusing the color as you blend upwards.

Step 3: Pat a light, slightly pinky red eyeshadow (or blush if you don't have one) along the lash line. I covered about 1/3 of my eyelid with this shade, so it just peeks out behind my lashes. If you want to go bold, go ahead and put it all over the eyelid.

Step 4:  Softly blend a burgundy shade into the crease for added depth and dimension.

Step 5: Blend out the edges and highlight under the brow with a white shadow.

Step 6: Thinly line the upper lash line with a black liquid eyeliner.

Step 7: Line the lower lash line with the same shade used in the crease, or a similarly colored pencil liner.

Step 8: Tightline and line the waterline with a black pencil liner.

Step 9: Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
 Product List:
ELF Eyelid Primer
NYX White Eyeshadow Base
Coastal Scents Hot Pot Eyeshadows in Frosty Taupe, Vibrant Red, Raisinberry, and Vanilla Sky
Be a Bombshell Eyeliner - Onyx
Ulta Eyeliner - Raisin
Covergirl LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner - Black Fire 
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Tools of the Trade:
Soho Get a Grip Crease Brush
Essence Eyeshadow Brush
Essence Smokey Eyes Brush
Urban Decay Good Karma Crease Brush 
ELF Studio Eyelash Curler. 
Macro photos make my eyelashes look so icky...


3 comments:

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...