Tarte Clean Slate Flawless Primer Review




 Tarte's Clean Slate Flawless Primer is a "waterproof 12 hour primer" that "helps makeup stay in place longer while brightening skin for a healthy, glowing complexion." Like all Tarte products, this face primer is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and synthetic fragrances. I appreciate Tarte's relatively natural ingredients and simply product claims. This is one of my first products from the brand, I've been wanting to try their stuff for a while, I hear almost unanimously positive reviews of their products. I got a little 7.5ml (.25 fl oz) tube in Tarte's Clean Slate Primer Trio, which I bought at Ulta for $9. The full size of this primer contains 1fl oz (30ml) and retails for a pretty pricey $30. Tarte products can be bought from the brand's website, Ulta, and Sephora. Tarte is a cruelty free brand. This primer was made in Canada.
 Tarte's Clean Slate Flawless Primer has very nice packaging, even the sample version! The squeeze tube is brown with white, silver, and spring green leaves encircling the top and bottom of the tube. The name of the product is written on the front in silver lettering, with "Flawless" written on the side in spring green. The tube doesn't have any pertinent information on it, the larger tube may offer more. Twisting off the black plastic cap (full size's cap is lacquered wood, I think) reveals a small hole for dispensing product. This primer's tube is a little bit on the stiffer side, so it's very easy to control how much product you squeeze out.
 Tarte's Clean Slate Flawless Primer is a light white liquid with a soft pink pearlescence to it. The texture isn't at all like I expected, it doesn't feel like any other primer I've tried. Flawless feels like, and kinda performs like, a very light moisturizer! I use this primer all over the face, applying it with my fingers and lightly patting it into the skin. Tarte's Flawless primer sinks in quickly, so you're ready for foundation right away. The effect of this primer is very subtle. I didn't notice anything the first few times I used this generously sized sample. Flawless gives a soft, dewy, illuminated look to the skin, it's a very pretty effect, but so subtle that I don't think it's noticeable to anyone but myself. The effect would likely be much more profound on those with drier or duller skin. As for elongating the wear of my foundation? I don't think Tarte's Clean Slate Flawless Primer makes much of a difference. This just isn't that kind of face primer, regardless of what Tarte claims. I will say that it doesn't negatively impact my foundation wear. Flawless has a soft, fresh, mandarin orange scent to it that doesn't seem to transfer to the face.
I think the overall effect you get from Tarte's Clean Slate Flawless Primer will vary vastly based on your skin type. I mean that's true for any product, but even more so for this one. If you have oily skin or a very dewy, youthful complexion you definitely don't need this product. If your skin needs that extra little punch of moisture of your want and an extremely subtle luminosity you'll adore Tarte's Flawless primer. I wouldn't repurchase this product, it simply isn't something that I need. I also prefer Benefit's That Gal when it comes to brightening primers. I don't think Tarte's take on brightening primer is bad though, I'm glad I tried it out and I'll continue to use what I have left. My favorite part is the nommy orangey scent - and I hate oranges!

Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisopentadiene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Silica, Mica, Tin Oxide, Lecithin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Arbutin, Glutathione, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Alcohol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Leave a Comment

  1. But I think your skin was already flawless <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ wish I had a bf like that haha!
    I was thinking of getting the trio actually but now.. I think I'll pass. I'll wait until my Revlon primer is finished and then I'll repurchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty sweet. :3 The trio is a really good value if you want to try Tarte primers, but if you know you already love your Revlon one, spend your money on that!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...