Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder Review (Fair 10)




 Revlon's newest powder, Nearly Naked, is claimed to give "undetectable coverage, unbelievable complexion" with a texture so "refreshingly light it melts right in, creating a fresh, even look. Pressed powder blends seamlessly with a lightweight feel". This powder can be used alone or in conjunction with the fabulous Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation. This powder is available in six shades, I have the lightest shade; Fair. I wasn't very enthused about buying this powder, I have a couple other pressed powders to use, one I haven't even gotten into yet, but I wanted to review it along with the foundation. I bought my 8g (.28oz) compact at Walmart for $7.49, which is a little more than I'd like to pay for a powder. Revlon claims that they do not test on animals, but I was recently alerted to some controversy that I need to check into, so please do your own research as well. This powder was made in America.

Revlon's Nearly Naked Pressed Powder has lovely packaging, but it's definitely on the bigger side. The compact is white, plastic, and rectangular with a clear window to show the shade. Revlon's logo and the product name are written on the front of the compact in silver lettering. A small, circular label is affixed to the back of the compact that peels up to reveal a full ingredient list. I already mentioned in my Nearly Naked Foundation review, but I associate white packaging with high end products for some reason, I just think this powder's compact looks so nice. The long, rectangular compact flips up to reveal a small mirror, a small puff, and a round pan of powder. I've actually been using the puff for testing purposes, and it's actually decent, but I probably won't continue to use. Anyway, packaging looks really nice and feels sturdy, but it's prone to fingerprints and general messiness. 
 Revlon's Nearly Naked Pressed Powder has a very good texture. It's firmly pressed and extremely smooth. This powder kicks up next to no residual powder, even if you swirl a brush around in it. Due to it's density, this powder will probably last me forever. Nearly Naked's finish is decent, it looks fairly natural, just a tad powdery, nothing you'd notice if you weren't all up in my face. Like most powders, Nearly Naked has a tendency to grab dry patches, which I wasn't aware I even had. I rarely wear powder alone, so I'm not sure if the slightly tight feeling I get from Nearly Naked is normal, or it's drying my skin a little. I'm leaning towards the latter. Nearly Naked doesn't get cakey, even when layered over the matching foundation. On it's own, this pressed powder evens out my skin tone, reduces redness, and blurs the appearance of my awkward adult acne. Applied over Nearly Naked foundation, this powder adds a touch more coverage, but also gives my foundation a streaky, less even appearance; not enough to wreck it, but it certainly doesn't look flawless. Maybe I'll try this powder over another foundation, but I find it odd that it doesn't worth with it's sister product.
 Is Fair a good match for me? Not really. This powder has a moderate peachy undertone to it. In a swatch and in the pan, you can't really pick up the peachiness, but it really shows up on my skin. The shade is a little too dark as well, but workable. I think the whole shade range may run slightly darker/warmer than the rest of Revlon's products. I compared my Revlon Nearly Naked to my Mum's ColorStay powder, both in fair, and there is a noticeable difference in shade and undertone, though it was quite hard to photograph. If I continue to use this powder I'll probably have to wait til Spring/Summer.
Overall I feel like Revlon's Nearly Naked Pressed Powder is only ok. The finish is nice, but the powder feels a little cloying and heavy on my skin. I don't like that this product works poorly with it's matching liquid foundation. Fair's tone is a little off compared to other Revlon "Fair" shades. I'm kinda disappointed by this powder, Nearly Naked foundation is so, so good, but this powder is only so, so. I don't really want to continue using it, I might pass it on to Mum when she finishes her ColorStay, or a friend that likes pressed powder. This is a good option if you're looking for a drugstore pressed powder to use on it's own, but skip it if you were hoping to to use it with the matching foundation. If you're as pale as I am, or paler, the shade "Fair" just won't cut it, but you'll likely find a match if you're in the light/medium range, or darker. The quality of the product and it's packaging is good, but not fantastic, and I'm not quite sure if it's worth the $7-9 you'll pay for it. 


Ingredients:
Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octydodecyl, Glycol Grapeseedate, Polyethylene, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isododecane, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben.

May Contain:
Mica, Iron Oxides 

Leave a Comment

  1. Now you have peachy cheeks n.n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Elex! Glad I could save you a few bucks.

      Delete
  3. Sounds meh lol oh and I'm back! Lol my dad had his hip replaced so I haven't been on blogs or blogging much/at all but I'm was creeping and I'm happy to see you got to go to a pens game! Kick ass seats btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your dad heals well! And I know right, I know I will never have better seats then those again, it was such an amazing game, even if it was just Pens v. Pens

      Delete
  4. I love Revlon, but have never seen the Nearly Naked range before - must not be available here in Australia!!

    Found your blog via the Monday Beauties Blog hop – Great blog - I’m now a new follower.

    Hope you will check out my blog too – and while you are there, don’t forget to enter my INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just launched here in the States a few weeks ago, so Aus should get it in the up coming months! Thanks for the follow, checking your blog now.

      Delete
  5. Everyone I saw loved this! It's being raved about, and I love it too. So sorry it didn't work for you :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I wanted to like it! :( Everything works differently for everyone though.

      Delete
  6. Glad I saw this review! I wanted to get the powder and foundation. I'm sort of into anything Naked but now I'm thinking twice. I wish we had these here so I can swatch before buying though :/

    Found you through the Friendly bunch bloghop, btw :)

    Tina
    whattianloves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...