Olay Total Effects Wet Cloths Review

 Olay's Total Effects Wet Cleansing Cloths are "dual textured to gently cleanser and exfoliate the skin in one simple step - no lathering and rinsing required! At the same time, they infuse age defying vitamins and moisturizers for fresher, younger looking skin." Like all Olay Total Effects products, these facial towelettes fight seven signs of aging (lines and wrinkles, rough texture, uneven skin tone, dullness, prominent pores, age spots, and dryness). I don't believe facial wipes can really fight aging. Long time readers of my blog probably know the Olay is my favorite skincare brand, their products are ever present in my skincare routine, and I've never once been disappointed in one of their products. I used their Daily Facial towelettes for years, but I've never tried the Total Effects one, which is pre-moistened (the Daily Facial ones I used were water activated). Each packet of Olay's Total Effects wipes contain 30 wipes and retails for roughly $7. I was sent these cleansing towelettes by Free Beauty Events, in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. Olay doesn't publish where this product was made. Olay is a subsidiary of Proctor&Gamble, a company that does engage in animal testing.
 Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths come in a black shiny packet with a sticky tab closure. The sticky tab actually stays closed, protecting the contents from drying out. No one likes a dry towelettes. The sticky tab doubles as a label, featuring the name of the product, the Olay and Total Effects logos and a few short claims. Flip the packet over and you'll find directions, a full ingredient list, and some company info. Simple and efficient but sleek packaging, very nice. Plus it's black and gold!
Each cloth is on the larger side and has a soft, woven texture. Olay's Wet Cloths really are quite wet, which is always a bonus. These towelettes aren't made of a stretchy material like most, but they are very soft, and also durable, I can barely tear one. Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths are great for removing foundation and face makeup, or just for wiping away the day's sweat and oil, but this is not the product to turn to for eye makeup removal. I'm not really sure what else to say about Olay's Wet Cloths, I'm really not one to use wipes like these in place of a true cleanser unless I really have to. I prefer them for in between cleansing or makeup removal. Olay Total Effects Wet Cloths leave behind a slight, filmy residue that makes me uncomfortable and itchy if I don't splash my face with water afterwards. I believe Olay said I wouldn't have to rinse. I don't know, I feel like needing to rinse cancels out the convenience of towelettes like these. If you aren't a fan of fragranced skincare, you'll certainly want to pass on Olay's Total Effects wipes, they're very strongly scented. The scent is nice, just too much, almost obnoxious. 
This is the first Olay product to ever let me down. The towelettes are a good size and quite saturated, but not enough to be effective at removing heavier makeup. Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths could be great for you if you wear minimal makeup, or non at all, but they just aren't enough for me. I don't like towelettes as cleansers unless I'm in a pinch or on the go, so I'll save the rest of my packet for travel. I won't be repurchasing though, I've already found wipes I like. I don't recommend Olay Total Effects Wet Cloths; there are more effective, more affordable face wipes out there that don't need leave a residue. Try Hard Candy's Take it Off Wipes ($5), or Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Towlettes ($6) instead. 

Ingredients:
Water, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethiconol, Butyelene Glycol, DMDM Hydatoin, Iodopropynl Butylcarbamate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/Vinyl Isododecane Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance 

This product was sent to me by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promotion. 

2 comments

  1. No to Olay, yes to Cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried these as well and don't like them. To me, they don't really clean my skin and burn my eyes ( I know they're not really makeup remover, but oh wells ).

    ReplyDelete