Nailtini Millionaire Nail Lacquer Review




 Nailtini's Millionaire is a beautiful glitter polish from this indie brand's limited edition Speakeasy collection. Nailtini products are made by Tini Beauty Bar, a cocktail themed beauty brand. I feel like I was aware of this brand, but never heard much buzz about it. I got this nail lacquer in my November Ipsy bag. This is actually my first indie-ish polish. I've been meaning to start trying more indie brands, but wasn't quite sure where to start. This glitter polish contains the standard .5fl oz (15ml) and retails for $13. Nailtini Nail Lacquers are 3free, cruelty free, and made in the USA. Tini Beauty products can be bought on the brand's website, and in select boutiques; a locator is available on the brand's site, but there don't seem to be any locations in Pittsburgh or Sydney, so I'm left out. :(
 Packaging for this nail lacquer is incredibly cute, and represents the brand well! This polish came in a black cardboard box, offering a description of the product and a full ingredient list. The round glass bottle resembles a liquor bottle and is quite tall. A Nailtini label wraps around the bottle and features a stylized martini glass, along with the brand name. The tall bottle is topped off with an equally tall black plastic cap. Nailtini's brush is really nice! It's very long, flat, and flexible with no splayed bristles.
 Nailtini describes Millionaire as "teal and gold tinsels awash in rose gold micro glitter". I don't know if that's quite how I'd put it, I don't really see the rosy-goldness of this polish in person, only in photos. I would describe this lovely layering polish as having a clear base with loads of gold micro glitter and very fine yellow gold and teal bar glitter. I've never owned a polish with bar glitter before, so this is a very unique polish in my collection. As much as I admire the bar glitter in the bottle and on my swatch nail, I gotta say, they're a bit of a hassle during application. The way they hang off the edge of the nail is really annoying (could I complain about anything more trivial?). Anyways, Millionaire is ideal for layering, I love it over China Glaze's Holly Day and Bend Over Backwards. The effect is beautiful and so holiday appropriate. Millionaire can be built up to be just about opaque in three coats. While Nailtini's Millionaire doesn't seem to affect the wear of any polish underneath it, it doesn't really wear well on it's own. You know how some glitter polishes go on really thick and start chipping and peeling the first time you get it wet? Yeah, this is one of those polishes. I took a bath last night and my accent nail is bare now. As you can imagine, like most glitter polishes, Millionaire is a pain in the butt to remove.
Tini Beauty's Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire is beautiful and so unique. I'm really glad I go to have this indie polish experience, but I don't know if I was sold on the brand. Thirteen bucks is a lot of money to spend on one polish, especially from a not so well known brand. Nailtini does offer a lot of unique colors, so I recommend checking them out if you're an avid collector of nail lacquers. I doubt I'll purchase any more of their products, because they're out of my price range, but I'll continue to enjoy and wear Millionaire. Also, I have to compliment the brand on their adorable and creative packaging! 

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Phthalic Acid/Tricyclodecane Dimethanol Copolymer, Camphor, Citric Acid.

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Ferric Amonium Ferrocyanide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Violet 2, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide.

Leave a Comment

  1. Gettin smashed on martinis n.n

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polish. I actually but it over the burgundy color that I won from your giveaway for Christmas & New Years and everyone though my nails were professionally done.
    Can't wait to try more out though they are a bit pricey!

    http://www.boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're still rocking that burgundy polish! =D

      Delete
  3. so pretty... by the way I nominated you for a liebster award, check it out here http://msvchiles.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I don't think I've ever really seen a polish like this before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...