January Ipsy Bag




 I just got my January Ipsy Bag in the mail, and I'm pretty dang pleased! I think it was really bold and interesting that Ipsy included zero makeup products this month. I'm pretty glad it happened that way, I was so tired of getting eyeliners and lip glosses from them. The bag this month is really nice! It's bigger than what most of the previous ones have been, made of a navy polyester on the outside, with lighter blue lining with star print. Very cute. For the first time in about three months, Ipsy didn't include a JustFab coupon, which is fine by me because I never used them (tempted as I was!). On to the products!
Soho Get A Grip Crease Brush - $8.99 - Full size

These second Soho brush we've received from Ipsy. This brush supposedly has an ergonomic handle. The synthetic bristles are soft, significantly nicer quality than the previous one we received. The brush head is quite fluffy and flimsy, too large for my crease, but I'll find a way to use it. By the way, there were three different brushes sent out. The other two options were a Concealer brush or Eyeliner brush. 

The Claims:
Create the perfect eye with the Get a Grip Crease Brush. First apply a neutral base eye color to the entire eyelid. Then apply a darker color to the eyelid crease – this will add dimension and depth. Finish the look by applying a shimmery highlight color to the inner corner of the eyelid and along the brow bone.
· Natural Hair Bristles – Blend & Contour
· Tri-Grip Handle – Fits Perfectly in Hand

The Offer:
$3 off Soho brushes at walgreens.com
 Big Sexy Hair Spray&Play Hair Spray - $6 Travel Size (1.5oz) $17.50 Full Size (8fl oz)

This is a product I've been wanting to try for a long time! It just seems like such a popular hair spray, so popular that every time I wanted to grab a mini bottle at Ulta, they were sold out! I need something to keep my hair tame during work days, so I'll definitely get my use out of this generous sample sized bottle! 

The Claims:
Your everyday spray for BIG volume! Spray & Play is a humidity resistant, flexible hold hairspray that provides fullness, lift and incredible shine! Perfect for all hair types.

The Offer:
$5 off a $25 Purchase of Sexy Hair products at Ulta.com or in store. Enter code 70950. I can't share the in-store coupon because it's individualized. 
 Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter - $7 Travel Size  (2.5fl oz), $15 Full Size ( 8fl oz).

Not really familiar with Pacifica, but I've heard of them before. This body butter sample is pretty big, bigger than I thought it would be. The packaging is really cute, and the product it's self is quite thick (in a good way), and feels moisturizing so far. The scent is nice and natural, not overly orangey, but not faint either. 

The Claims:
Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter is not only a highly effective antioxidant rich moisturizer that nourishes the driest of skin and helps fight off the signs of aging; it nourishes your other senses as well. The infusion of sparkling, juicy blood oranges that are highlighted with notes of red raspberry and spicy sweet Italian Mandarins take you to the beaches of the Mediterranean. Made with nature’s best moisturizers - Shea butter, almond oil and safflower oil - Pacifica’s vegan, paraben and gluten free Body Butter is a skin must have.

The Offer:
20% off any order at pacificaperfume.com with bode Beauty20
 Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil .-  $4.80 Sample (.17fl oz), Full Size -$48 (1.7fl oz)

Wanna hear something scandalous? I haven't tried argan oil yet. I've tried things that had argan oil infused into it, but not the raved about oil in pure form. This sample comes with a convenient dropper. This is also my first Josie Maran product. I believe Ipsy has sent out Josie Maran products before, before I was subbed. 

The Claims:
This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is known to help with skin conditions including acne, eczema and rosacea. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.

The Offer:
15% off an order of $45 or more at josiemarancosmetics.com/ipsy with the code IPSY15
Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary - $13 - Full Size

One of two shades sent out this month. The other was a creamy color called Frappe. I haven't seen anyone get the Frappe shade yet though. Not a fan of the name, I do not want to be bloody :(. I kinda wish Ipsy hadn't sent Nailtini products so close together (we got a bottle in November, I'm sure you recall). The color is nice, but a little bland, a very cool, creamy, shiny red. 

The Claim:
You can’t go wrong with a classic, all the way to your fingertips. These two are the all-time best selling Nailtini nail lacquers. Whether the glossy true-red of bloody mary or the hint-of-pink of frappe, your tips and toes are classic perfection anytime. 

No makeup cabinet is complete without an all-star nail lacquer and Nailtini stocks top-shelf, 3-free nail lacquer in dozens of shades, textures and finishes. Wear them alone or layered to create custom looks and effects, each one a cocktail unto itself. Cheers to beauty, and as always, apply responsibly!

The Offer:
30% Off your order at tinibeauty.com with the code ipsystar

Bag Total Value:
$39.80! 

another great value bag for just $10!

Have you gotten January's bag yet? What products are you most excited about? Any that you'd rather pass on? Let me know in the comments.

Leave a Comment

  1. So many items for the mawwy n.n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved my bag and honestly enjoy the classic red nail polish. It isn't to matte or glossy just a nice satin.. Perfect retro color.. Agree the crease brush is huge.. Probably will use for blending. I am be the o my person in the world who hates oranges :( oh well. Love everything else!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate oranges as well, with the most fiery of passions, but I've really warmed up to the scent lately (which is weird because the scent used to nauseate me). Good to hear you love your bag, Ipsy is kinda awesome. :3

      Delete
  3. I'm still waiting on my bag to arrive. Not really looking forward to the nail polish, I'm so tired of getting nail polishes in these bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get it soon! I'm kinda tired of the polishes as well, I'm not allowed to wear nail polish at my job, so wearing polish is restricted to only a couple days a week for me, there's no way I can wear all my polishes :(

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's ok, I tried it out today and it seems functional for blending.

      Delete
  5. I received the Frappe shade, and I actually like it. I'm not usually interested in pale pinks or nudes, but I think it's flattering on my (pale) skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate pale pink/nude polishes too, but I'm glad Frappe works out for you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...