ELF Studio Brush Shampoo Review+Demo Video

ELF's Studio Brush Shampoo is an "antibacterial brush cleanser for thorough cleansing in between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a clean application every time. Washes away traces of dirt, makeup, oil, and debris from your brush while conditioning the hairs to provide a clean and soft application for every use." I've been wanting to try this product for a while, but never included it in my ELF hauls, because I was too focused on trying their makeup. I bought my 4fl oz (120ml) bottle at Target for just $3. ELF products can be bought through the brand's website, and in select Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores. ELF products are cruelty free and vegan friendly. This brush shampoo was made in China. 
ELF's Studio Brush Shampoo comes in a recyclable, rectangular, translucent black bottle topped with a black cap with a pop up dispenser. Dispensing just the right amount of product is pretty easy. The name of the product is written on the front of the bottle in white lettering. The back of the bottle offers a description, directions, and a full ingredient list. 
This brush cleanser is a clear, viscose liquid. How much you need varies on the size and dirtiness of each individual brush, but usually a dime to penny sized amount will get the job done. This brush shampoo doesn't suds up very well, but that doesn't mean it isn't an effective shampoo. This brush shampoo removes every trace of powder products that may be inhabiting your brush bristles, along with any oily ickiness that might've transferred from your face to the brush during application. Unfortunately, this brush cleanser isn't great at removing every last bit of cream or liquid products. I need to double wash my foundation brush and sponge with this cleanser. ELF's Studio Brush Shampoo rinses out cleanly and leaves my brushes in good condition. This brush shampoo has a light, soapy scent that does transfer onto the brush bristles. 
                                       
ELF's Studio Brush Shampoo is a cheap, convenient, and fairly effective product. If you mainly use brushes for powder products or only have a handful of beauty tools, ELF's Brush Shampoo is a excellent way to clean and sanitize your brushes. Those of us with a larger selection of brushes, or use a variety of products will go through this brush cleanser very quickly. Whether or not you want to spend $3 on a bottle of brush shampoo every few times you wash your brushes is up to you, but I probably won't repurchase ELF's Brush Shampoo. I'm pleased with how this product performed, and I'll keep this bottle around for convenience, but I think I'll stick to shampoo or dish soap.  

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Microcrystilline Cellulose, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben

6 comments

  1. Good job with the camera work n.n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: do you ever stop patting yourself on da back?

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Seems like a great cleanser. I usually use olive oil and dish soap or Dr. Bronner's because I'm so cheap lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a mixture of hand soap and conditioner usually.

      Delete
  3. I'v been using this for a while and love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using my own shampoo since I'm a drugstore shampoo girl.. but I may give this a try :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete