Around the House: Palmolive Fresh Infusions Dish Soap Review




 Palmolive's new line of dish soaps are meant to "inspire us in the kitchen". Palmolive said they "took cues from nature and created inviting, naturally inspired fragrance blends and combined them with the sparkling cream you've always trusted from Palmolive dish liquid". I have always trusted Palmolive, it's the only dish soap brand my family uses. This new line of dish soap is available in three scents; Ginger White Tea, Lemon Thyme, and my favorite, Lime Basil. I received a full size 16fl oz (473ml) bottle of each scent, courtesy of Influenster. Influenster instructed us to give one or two bottles to friends for them to test, and to pass out the five included coupons. I held on to two bottles and gave Ginger White Tea to a neighbor, and a coupon to another neighbor. You know, it's really hard to get people excited about dish soap. Palmolive products can be bought at most major retailers. Each 16 fl oz bottle retails for about $3, but prices will vary and coupons are usually available. Unfortunately, Palmolive, a subsidiary of Colgate, does test on on animals. This dish soap was made in America.
 Packaging is very nice, the bottle is tall and cylindrical, make of recyclable plastic. A clear label wraps around the bottle, featuring the Palmolive Fresh Infusions logo, and a realistic picture of of the fruits and herbs that make up the scent. The bottles are very appealing, in my opinion. The back of the bottle features a product description and a couple basic warnings. I wish Palmolive had included an ingredient list, but we have to settle for a mere "phosphate free".
 These Palmolive Fresh Infusions dish soaps are a little thinner in consistency than normal Palmolive soap. Each scent's liquid matches the color of the scent (ex Lime Basil is green), which is fun. Just like the regular Palmolive, this dish soap makes loads of sudsy bubbles with just a little bit of product. When they say concentrated, the mean it! This dish soap isn't any more or less effective than regular Palmolive, it gets the dishes clean, cuts through grease and dried on food, rinses cleanly and doesn't leave any residue. What more can you ask from a dish soap? For it to smell good? Well these do, especially Lime Basil, which is delectably fruity in a natural smelling way. I only found Ginger White Tea to be less than delicious smelling. Palmolive really hit it out of the park with these scent combos. I have one problem with these dish soaps that doesn't happen with regular Palmolive, or even the institutional dish soap we use at the restaurant we work at. These dish soaps make my hands peel like you wouldn't believe. They don't get irritated or itchy or red, just the top layer of skin peels off. Exfoliating and moisturizing doesn't help, it's just something that has to go away on it's own. That probably isn't healthy. My only guess is that it's caused by the increased fragrance content. Fragrance is a well known skin irritant.
Overall Palmolive's Fresh Infusions Dish Soaps are nice. They work as well as regular Palmolive, which I've used pretty much my whole dish washing life. The packaging is great, and so are the scents, I really love Lime Basil. Next time you're out and about and need to grab a bottle of dish detergent, consider Palmolive Fresh Infusions if the scents really appeal to you. I probably won't repurchase these dish soaps because of my weird hand reaction, but I'm the only person in my family that's experienced this reaction, so maybe it's just me..

Ingredients:
Unavailable

This product was sent to me for review by Influenster. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...