My Bad Experience with Minerals by Bee+Sample Haul




 Back in September one of my favorite YouTubers, Chicachew, alerted her tumblr followers that an indie brand called Minerals by Bee was offering four packs of samples, completely free! Of course I jumped on the deal right away and put my order in. About 10 days passed and I never received any emails about my order, so I emailed the owner asking for a confirmation or update, and was told it would take my packet 4-6 weeks to ship. I sat back and waited, getting on with my life. Once a week I'd scan my inbox for an email from Minerals by Bee. Nothing. Four weeks came and went, and then six weeks. Nothing. Finally about a week ago I emailed the owner again, just asking for an update, and the very next day I had a shipping confirmation in my inbox. Today, after 11 weeks of waiting, I received the package in the mail and eagerly tore into it...and I'm not sure how I feel about whats inside. I thought perhaps I'd find a note from the owner, apologizing for a wait twice as long as it should've been, or maybe an extra sample..no. I actually am kinda questioning this brand as a whole now that I've seen the products. They seem like they're just repackaged. The packets are very nice and look professional, but then there's just a small "Minerals by Bee" sticker affixed to them, which in my mind indicates repackaging. The mineral eyeshadow is just glitter. On the website, a Minerals by Bee logo is photoshopped onto products..something just doesn't seem right to me. I try to be positive about any brand that I try, but so many things about my experience with Minerals by Bee turn me off of the brand. I received a letter in the packet explaining the brand's reward program, but until I test out the products (they will be reviewed), this isn't a brand I'm going to steer my readers towards. Has anyone else had a negative experience with Minerals by Bee?

 Fruit Enzyme Peel - 5g (Full Size $25)
 Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee .5g (Full size $20)
 Sugar Smoothing Body Creme 5g (Full size $8)
 Mineral Shadow - Winter Shimmer (Full size $14)
On it's own, then swatched wet. 

Leave a Comment

  1. The packaging is pretty sketchy lol ive never tried them yet but that glitter looks great wet :) I would assume the owner got overwhelmed with all the requests...at least I hope so. But that's really not a good excuse to leave people hanging. I think you should have been updated...even in a large group email at the very least :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a group email saying there was a backup in orders would've been fine. I understand its a new company, hopefully the owner improves her customer service.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the "Blog Love Therapy Blog Hop" and just followed you! Hope you can come by and visit some time, maybe follow back if you like what you see ;-)

    xoxo Keke (Pakize)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to go out on a limb here but these look awfully similar to these samples by Bellanina Botanicals:

    http://belavi.com/travelsamplefoilpacks50fruitenzymepeel.aspx?MMP=101W8K35KQA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a little suspicious. They conveniently have similar names as well. Good eye, Elex!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...