Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream Review




 Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream is part of their fairly new B.Right Radiant Skincare line. According to Benefit "this facial cream provides concentrated immediate and long term hydration for a radiantly refreshed complexion. Our exclusive tri-radiance complex helps develop the skin's reserves of water and reinforce the skin's moisture barrier. Contains mango butter, a natural plan based emollient known to provide moisture." Benefit says that this moisturizer is best suited for those with normal to dry skin and claims that 100% of people felt that their skin was "immediately and intensely quenched" during market testing. I got a little 8.9g (.3oz) jar in Benefit's B.Right Radiant Skincare Intro Kit, which sells for $12. I was interested in trying more of Benefit's skincare products after sampling their It's Potent! Eye Cream. The full size 48g (1.7oz) jar of facial cream retails for a super pricey $38. This product, and I think all of Benefit's skincare products, is made in France. Benefit does not test on animals, however this is not a vegan product. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at freestanding Benefit boutiques, Benefit counters in some department stores, Sephora, and Ulta.
 The little jar of Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream is cute! Its fairly similar to the full size jar. The glass jar has a slight aqua tint to it and is topped off with a beige plastic cap. The lid features the name of the product and the Benefit logo, all written in a dark teal. A small amount of product info can be found on the bottom of the jar. I like the look of this little jar, and I think the little texturized bumps on the side of the jar are an interesting detail that makes this little sample feel a bit more high end. I will say that I don't really like moisturizers and creams in a tub/jar package because I feel like I go through product faster that way. It also isn't very sanitary, but that isn't my main concern. Yinz know me though, I want everything in a squeeze tube.
 Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream has a lovely texture! This white cream is very dense, but not super thick, I want to describe it as almost balm like. This moisturizer spreads smoothly and evenly over the skin, I apply only the thinnest layer that I can because it is such a rich, emollient cream, it would be so easy to go overboard. Total Moisture is best for use at night because it takes several minutes to completely absorb. Even after it sinks it, Total Moisture leaves my face feeling a little bit greasy. I don't know if greasy is really the correct word or not. I wouldn't say oily or sticky, maybe filmy is a better description? That filmy feeling sticks around for about twenty minutes, but once its gone my skin feels so amazing! Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream softens my skin significantly and deeply moisturizes it. I do find that this cream is too much to be used all over my face. I have combo skin and can get quite greasy around my nose. Since I started using this cream, that oiliness has been exacerbated and I've been experiencing some clogged pores and a few small white heads. Not cool. I think I'll stick to using this stuff on the drier sections of my face. I want to also mention, that as a professional cook I experience some small burns on my face. Recently I had burn on the side of my face near my ear that was quite dry and flaky, taking forever to heal. Benefit's Total Moisture Cream really helped it heal quickly and prevented it from flaking.
 A downside of this product is that its highly fragranced. Personally it doesn't irritate me, I enjoy the clean, fresh scent, but it definitely isn't necessary for a moisturizer to have such a strong scent. Those with scent sensitivities, or those with sensitive skin that can flare up from overly perfumed products will want to steer clear of not just this product, but all of Benefit's skincare range.
I like Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream. The texture is lovely and rich, but not too thick. It truly hydrates and softens my skin, but it is too heavy for me to use all of my face. I think this product would be a life saver for dry complexions, but if you're combo to oily, this could potentially wreck your skin. I wish Total Moisture wasn't so strongly scented. Benefit's skincare range is still fairly new, so maybe they're still trying to find the balance. They've created some really nice products though and I would recommend their Total Moisture Facial Cream if you're looking to invest in a great night or winter time moisturizer for normal to dry skin. I won't repurchase this cream though, its too expensive and not for my skin type. I'll keep the remains of this jar around for future face burns and dry patches. 

Ingredients:
WATER (AQUA), DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, HYDROGENATED LANOLIN, SQUALANE, GLYCERIN, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/SUCCINIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETETH-20, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE, BETAINE, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, STEARETH-25, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, STEARETH-21, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CARBOMER, XYLITYLGLUCOSIDE, AJUGA TURKESTANICA EXTRACT, SORBITOL, ANHYDROXYLITOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ALGIN, XYLITOL, CELLULOSE GUM, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, BHT.

Leave a Comment

  1. *sniffs it while playing WoW*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've always wondered about Benefits' skin care line but never really hear many people using it. I guess it would be a great line for those suffering from dry skin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...