Benefit Oh La Lift Review




 Benefit's Oh La Lift is a "legendary under eye brightening boost that looks like an instant eye lift." This product contains "raspberry extract and light reflecting pigment to instantly perk up tired eyes. This delicate pink balm can be applied on bare skin or over makeup." I got an itty bitty sample of Oh La Lift in Benefit's Sexy Little Stowaways value kit. My little sample contains 2.5ml (.08fl oz), the full size, which sells for $22, contains 7g (.25fl oz). Benefit does not test on animals. Oh La Lift is made in America. I have to admit, Oh La Lift seems like one of Benefit's more gimmicky products. I don't even know if I should review it as makeup or skincare, since it's kinda both. Benefit products can be bought from the brand's website, Benefit counters and boutiques, Ulta, Sephora, and their respective websites.
 Packaging for my mini tube of Oh La Lift is just about the same as the full size. This product comes in a clear, round, recyclable tube with a black cap. The name of the product and Benefit logo are written on the front of the tube  in cute, black cursive letters. A small amount of product and company info can be found on the back of the tube. Twisting off the black cap reveals a little doe foot applicator perfect for dotting the product on as suggested.
 Benefit suggests applying three dots of Oh La Lift under each eye. I've tried it both ways and definitely prefer using this product over my makeup. I am not a fan of Oh La Lift. I actually feel like it makes my under eye area look worse! This light, thin, lilac tinted eye brightener gives me the appearance of under ye bags, which I don't typically have. I also find that Oh La Lift settles into my fine lines and exacerabates them. This is the opposite of what should happen! This doesn't just happen to me either! I tried this product on both my mum and boyfriend, out of curiosity, and it made their eye areas look worse too! I will say that this product makes my under eye area a smidgen brighter, but the positive effects are definitely canceled out by the baggage it appears to give me.
Benefit's Oh La Lift is definitely a fail for me. This is the first miss for me from Benefit. Oh La Lift gives me the opposite of the effect that it promises, and it seems like it's not just me that experiences this issue. The packaging and name is cute, but that doesn't make it worth $22. I don't recommend Benefit's Oh La Lift and definitely won't recommend it. Who wants more bags and fine lines? No one. I doubt I'll finish off my little sample tube, I'll either toss it or pass it on. 

Ingredients:
WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, GLYCERYL STEARATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, MICA, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE 13, CARBOMER, ADANSONIA DIGITATA PULP EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, HOMOSALATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, POLYSORBATE 20, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ALUMINA, RETINYL PALMITATE, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, METHYLPARABEN, SILICA, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), ETHYLPARABEN, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CHLORPHENESIN, CITRIC ACID, BUTYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

Leave a Comment

  1. It even makes me look bad ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried this but I do love Benefit in general. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Benefit fan girl as well. This is my only disappointment so far. Hopefully there won't be anymore :3

      Delete
  3. Nice review, sorry this product didn't work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is old, but yes, Benefit does test on animals. I'm not going to list references, but you can Google it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...